Where Do You Bath Your Dog?

lanabanana

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaisie gets washed in the laundry courtyard under the clothes line with the hose.

In Winter, I use an adaptor that hooks the hose to the laundry tap and we have warm water.

The first rinse is a bucket of water with vinegar in it. That greatly reduces th water needed for rinsing off. :)

She gets done as needed .........and when the weather is suitable.....and I have the energy.

So only a few times a year.

She's been done twice in the last two weeks tho, due to mud bath activity. We were not home and she seldom does that stuff. So I dn't know what got into her. :)

Abby (RIP), a BC/Kelpie mix preferred being inside and wasn't a dirty dog so she got a bath a few times a year in the bath. Rafe sleeps on the bed so he gets done every two weeks in summer and once a month in the cold. He fits into our stainless steel laundry tub which is much easier on my back than the bath.

My 2 tibbie girls get bathed in a baby bath that I got from an Op Shop.

Also the neighbour at the back owns greyhounds & has his own hydrobath. He always offers to bath our tibbies & the tibbie next door. He does the little dogs first, while a queue of greyhounds wait for their turn.

Here's a pic of first two into the hydrobath:

post-3304-1288504619_thumb.jpg

I wash pete outside with the hose - but only in the warmer months because he is terrified of the dryer so he sprints around in circles/rolls in dirt to dry off :)

He also gets groomed a few times a year by a professional who cuts his (cross breed wooly no outer coat) fur off for summer

The first rinse is a bucket of water with vinegar in it. That greatly reduces th water needed for rinsing off. :)

Can you explain this to me please? So you rinse with vinegar, then wash with shampoo then rinse again with plain water? I'm just curious for next time I wash peter :)

Edited by Pete.the.dog

Lulu gets washed in the kids bath with a shower attachment. Jonty just gets a wipe down with a warm face washer. If it's summer and stinky hot, they may have a bath in the early part of the day with a bucket and hose. I only really wash them if they need it (ie. Lu has gone for a swim in the fish pond or Jonty has a poopy bum :) ). I don't think they need a regular washing schedule.

They also get a bath if they have a kennel stay. A bit like my car only gets cleaned with I take it in for a service :)

outside with the hose, they hate it, so i can't "setup" first, or the know whats happening and hide at the back of their kennels :)

they hardly ever get done, as they swim in the lake most days, so pointless :)

We don't have a bath, but luckily my parents do and they only live 20 doors up the road. We wash Henschke, the male once a fortnight and Jindi once every 2 months. She has an amazing coat that stays clean, soft and silky for so long.

I can't wait to get a bath, but that's way down the track and is going to cost a whole lot of money from renovations.

I generally don't "bath" my dog, but I do tend to prefer to rinse of the water from the lake at one of the parks we venture to, when I feel it is necessary. Been down there today - already soaking wet from the rain (we had a great time :)) , so a rinse from the hose out the back (I had a hot/cold tap fitted to the outdoors for the purpose) and a good towel rub down and job's done :). The advantage with this is that the water goes straight to the lawn - not necessary in the wet weather we've been having but great in the drier months.

ETA: And nothing to clean up afterwards - even better :(.

I have never used shampoo on Mandela.

Edited by Erny

Middle size ones in the bath with Leah, saves my back :) and yes Leah has a shower after :) .

P1050526-1.jpg

P1050525-1.jpg

Tiny dogs or pups in the laundry tub and the Xlarge ones like Charlotte, Rocko & Harold or double & long coats like Ruger & Sharni I take to the DIY Hydrobath with my own shampoo/conditioner.

Rescues (except young pups) are washed at the DIY Hydrobath with F10 shampoo before coming home regardless of size. I dont have regular bath intervals, just when they need it or before they go to their new home.

I take advantage of hot days and warm winds to wash my lab boy out in the backyard with the hose. I have washed him in the shower before but that results in black lab hair all over the entire bathroom. I brush him regularly and he doesn't need a bath very often, 3-4 times a year provided he doesn't roll in anything gross. :)

I wash my smaller girl in the laundry tub with warm water, about once every 2 months.

Can you explain this to me please? So you rinse with vinegar, then wash with shampoo then rinse again with plain water? I'm just curious for next time I wash peter :)

!. Wet Dog

2. Shampoo Dog

3. Fill a bucket 1/2 - 3/4 full and add vinegar. A cup ot two.

4. Pour this over sudsy dog.

5. Hose off whatever is left (and rinse off vinegar in the process.)

Just try sudsing up your hands and put them in vinegar - it kills the suds and gets rid of detergent instantly.

I also use it in the fabric softener dispenser in the washing machine to help rinse the clothes.

!. Wet Dog

2. Shampoo Dog

3. Fill a bucket 1/2 - 3/4 full and add vinegar. A cup ot two.

4. Pour this over sudsy dog.

5. Hose off whatever is left (and rinse off vinegar in the process.)

Just try sudsing up your hands and put them in vinegar - it kills the suds and gets rid of detergent instantly.

I also use it in the fabric softener dispenser in the washing machine to help rinse the clothes.

Oh ok interesting! Will try it on Pete in the next few weeks - he's a bit smelly ATM. Thanks :(