Where Do You Bath Your Dog?

lanabanana

Where do you bath your dog and how often?

Barney (big dog) is only bathed over the warmer months and he is bathed outside using the hose. Being big and black a nice cold "shower" helps with keeping him cool.

Pippi (small) has her baths all year round and we just take her in the shower with us. Often she gets in with my daughter. That seems kinda odd reading it like that ....LOL

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine get bathed in the laundry tub and irregular intervals. I also take the long haired ones to the groomer.

I think this thread calls for that wonderful photograph of Cazstaff's with one of her rescues in the tub with her daughter - one of the best pix ever.

Edited by Mother Moocher

I bathe Satch outside, tethered to the gate, with a few buckets of warm water.

Ava gets bathed in the bathtub.

Both of them probably get a bath about once every 2 months :cheer: It's a bit like making the bed, it's just going to get messed up again, so sometimes I don't bother :laugh:

I bathe Satch outside, tethered to the gate, with a few buckets of warm water.

Ava gets bathed in the bathtub.

Both of them probably get a bath about once every 2 months :cheer: It's a bit like making the bed, it's just going to get messed up again, so sometimes I don't bother :laugh:

LOL! Love the analogy.

So funny reading oyur dogs name....my daughter is called Ava

Max gets bathed in the bathtub too! Much to his disdain. And somehow he always seems to know when its going to happen.....

I'm lucky in that he seems to be quite 'waterproof'- and the mud doesn't stick. Though he does get kinda smelly after a couple of weeks. Though after a bath, his fur is all fluffy and he tends to pick up dirt more easily than after a few weeks, where his fur kind of gets oily - and more waterproof!

In summer I think I'll try doing it outside with the hose. Can't wait to see his reaction to that!

I have a doggy booster bath, which we use in the back room of the house (connects to our bathroom tap) and they get a bath whenever we have a show - They had one last night and it had been 5 weeks since they had had one, at other times its once a week.

Harry gets the hose outside (only in the warmer months), Lola gets bathed in the laundry sink. They probably only get bathed a handful of times each year :laugh:

4327400420_298f9ef429.jpg

LOL that is a cute pic.

I refused to photograph Pippi while she is wet. She loses her scruffy look and becomes this scrawny ugly little thing LOL

our local carwash has a dog wash , I go there about once a month , if they need a bath between [horse poop roll] the big ones get the hose and the little one bath [ she gets bathed more often too as she sleeps with me , they all don;t get very stinky so they generally get bathed when need it

Most of the time, I use the DIY dog wash at the local car wash too.

I take my own shampoo and use their water. I bring them home and if there is any moisture left, I hit them with the Ultraforce here.

Lil ones in the laundry sink or in the shower with me, big ones outside with the hose in hot weather, colder weather buckets of warm water or the bath if it needs a clean anyways. and fez gets washed more often then julie as he is up on your lap-furniture and the poodle smell is quite strong, julie I do whenever.

Laundry trough whenever they need it, maybe every 6 weeks. I had to wash Moose last night when he was in the firing line of some (cold) minestrone soup that my neice thought would be funny to dump all over the floor. I didn't see it happen so it took me a little while to figure out why he was wet and smelt like tomatoes. :)