Rare Or Disqualifed Colours In Breeds.

poodlefan

I just wanted to start this thread for pics of breeds in colours outside the norm. I only found out this morning that Rhodesian Ridgebacks come in a range of disqualified colours that crop up from time to time.

So I thought some pics might be interesting.

I'll start with a brindle poodle. The standard in all three sizes allows for solid colours only.

z__poodle_brindle_CuriousKara.jpg

and add a Black and Tan Ridgeback (also a disqualifying colour)

shona2.jpg

Edited by poodlefan

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Samoyed:

854154144_ac019b2136.jpg?v=0

Apparently there were black Samoyeds in Tassie not so long ago, but I haven't found out whether they were registered or not (or able to be). A bloke I work with has a "Black Samoyed x Border Collie" and so did my previous neighbours.

I always think having colour requirements in the standard is a pity unless it causes heath problems. Otherwise I wish all colours were accepted. It seems such a shame that healthy dogs are put down because their colour doesn't fit the standard.

white-doberman.jpg

White dobermann

Another color that exists in Dobermans is the white or light colored cream dog. The white doberman pinscher was created from inbreeding and are considered partial albino dobermans. It’s common knowledge that these white dobermans have health problems and behavioural issues. They commonly have skin and eye sight problems like photo sensitivity. As a result of not being sure of it’s surroundings at times, this leads some dogs to fear biting. Some countries have banned the breeding of this dog mutation and breeders are encouraged not to breed for this color. It is seen as inhumane to the dog due to the serious health concerns.

The white Doberman does look unique and interesting but again care should be taken that breeders avoid introducing these dogs into their bloodlines. Consumers and dog lovers also need to be educated and avoid purchasing these dogs and made aware that these white dogs should not command a higher sale price.

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=htt...h:1%26prmd%3Div