Rare Or Disqualifed Colours In Breeds.

poodlefan

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodness some of these are gorgeous arnt they :laugh:

it is amazing how colour can appear to change to whole look of a dog though, as in that Choc rottie and the panda shepherd dont look anything like what they are supposed to be. :shrug:

The red sheppie is gorgeous . :eek:

I have never heard of Labs coming in colours like that :rofl: Cute but :wave: haha

here are some more red rotti pics

I would call that chocolate and tan, not red. In my mind a red rottie would be solid red, like a red min pin is.

fair enough but its classed as red and is very undesirable

love the black and tan poodle. doubt there are any in oz though right?

YEs they are I used to groom one :rofl:

You can get phantoms from mating different solid coloured dogs - a black/apricot mating could produce that colouring. Its basically "terrier" markings

My parents have brother & sister poodles and one of them is a phantom - charcoal & cream - he is very attractive IMO. I'll see if I can get Mum to email me a pic of Scamp. His sister, Lady, is straight charcoal - ETA I'm sure that there is a much more official name for the colour than charcoal :eek:

i love the agouti sibe beautiful

That's my baby girl. She is a wooly or Long Coat as well. So she is very rare indeed.

I've not found another Long Coated Agouti anywhere.

she is stunning is she still a pup or do you have updated pics??

Could some of these dogs be 3/4 purebred, hence the different colours?? I have to stay they are stunning.

I'd say most are purebred unless the colour is genetically impossible within the breed. A black and tan or solid liver Whippet would be examples of that.

The sable collie and the mismarked labs are stunning!!! :rofl:

Does anyone know if this is a rare-coloured border collie, or am I mistaking it for a different breed altogether?

r0pe9f.jpg

This would be a choc tri BC. Not a recognised colour in Australia (is recognised in the rest of the world), but certainly not rare since it WILL be produced when 2 recognised colours are bred together. Unrecognised colours are becoming less & less rare in BC's as so many strive to breed them.

Could be a red tri Aussie too.

The sable collie and the mismarked labs are stunning!!! :rofl:

Does anyone know if this is a rare-coloured border collie, or am I mistaking it for a different breed altogether?

r0pe9f.jpg

This would be a choc tri BC. Not a recognised colour in Australia (is recognised in the rest of the world), but certainly not rare since it WILL be produced when 2 recognised colours are bred together. Unrecognised colours are becoming less & less rare in BC's as so many strive to breed them.

Could be a red tri Aussie too.

A friend of mine (you know her too Vickie) has a BC this colour. Very attractive colouring!

Interesting the colour mismatch in the panda shep.

The bottom one is a very heavily biscuited white shep.

Lot of argument at the time about how "purebred" the panda shepherd was.

The middle shepherd was a dilute (liver) blanket black/tan. Can also get a slate dilute colour in them where the black becomes a blue colour.