November Photo Challenge 2010

Ashanali

gotta love those Frenchies, great shots Kitticat. Piri, you seem to have appeared out of nowhere and all of a sudden you're posting all these lovely photos!

and I love Taavis smile, it reminds me of a box of dog toys I got from the US that has a sealed with a kiss sticker on it of a dogs nose.

I'm am totally enjoying this thread and all the great shots :laugh: you've all inspired me to get off my butt and take some photos and today I changed my settings to RAW..why haven't I done this earlier :laugh: I'm finding taking shots under exposed and tweaking blacks,exposure,fill light in lightroom are producing some good results.thanks for the comments and keep those photos coming. :(

5180592099_1e795214cd_z.jpgf4.5 1/320sec ISO100

On this waterfall pic - did you focus on the top of the fall, hence you've got that water in focus and the rest as the blur? Just curious :-)

you got it ;) ..changed the the auto focus point selection area to just the top dot.

Edited by Piri

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pucky at 2.8

5183945250_9658bd175e_z.jpg

Peanut

5183360853_4e949f9f60_z.jpg

so bright! :laugh: lovn that red coat!

had a go of the 50mm f1.8 today and put my order in for xmas..is it good for bokeh??the stock 18-55 doesnt seem to work to well for me.

Edited by Piri

had a go of the 50mm f1.8 today and put my order in for xmas..is it good for bokeh??the stock 18-55 doesnt seem to work to well for me.

It's is awesome for bokeh:

4265721538_61a0cc43a3.jpg

and

4882098732_b6ec36fd45.jpg

nice shots :) cant wait,got mine today but have to wait till xmas to use it.have u ever done the cardboard cut out shape for the bokeh?i tried it with the 18-55 but couldn't get it to work.I dont think the A is wide enough on that lens.

Phoebe at 1.4 - need more practice!

6-7.jpg

:laugh:Beautiful Captures everyone :eek:

Piri ,you will love the 50mm as Shell stated it does get great bokeh..I love mine and now have the 85mm,it doesn't go as wide

but so far I am happy with results :rofl: hope to post some over weekend :o

Brilliant photos everyone. Too many to list them all but ...

Kirislin - love those elegant and delicate paws

Piri - great shots of a gorgeous cat ... and that name "Get Out"! I hope she's with you for a long time yet.

Kittikat - "Velcro Viszlas" :laugh:

You guys are all such an inspiration.

Here's my effort. Roky contemplating life, the universe and everything ... or about to fall asleep like Kiki in the background. (f3.5 - as wide as the 18-55 kit lens goes)

1098891487_vham4-M-1.jpg

ETA picture :eat:

Edited by fattima

Iggy Mums dog Peanut @ 1.4 on the 50mm

5200452724_61682b3f9b_b.jpg

and my beautiful water lily, it's just opened today. The other plants are azolla fern and milfoil. This is one of my water garden frog habitats. There's taddies in there now :laugh:

same again, the 50mm @ 1.4

5200452704_7713cd2816_b.jpg

Edited by Kirislin