Rare Dog Breeds

poodlefan

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murray River Curly Coated Retriever. I think this are DOLer (or former DOLer) DMentias's dogs. I'd love to see this breed get ANKC recognition.

homepage.jpg?type=sn

Me too, almost have the face of a wooly kelpie. I would love one of these dogs if they were ANKC recognised, but apparently the MRCCR club is not interested in persuing that

Biewer Terrier anyone? basically a coloured Yorkie.

sorry can't do pictures :(

How cute are they!

Biewer Terrier

Ohhhh! Incredibly cute! Right up there with Hesapandabears Bi-Black Shelties. :)

Edited by LizT

I find the Bracco interesting (and appealing). At first glance, he looks like he belongs in the hound group, not the gundog group. :(

Hi,

The Bracco is very much a working Gundog....the ones I know are very birdy

Found the small dog breed of Malta. Kelb tal-But, translates as Pocket Dog.

Might have been brought to Malta by the Carthaginians around 700 BC. The Kelb tal-But, has become a common sight in Maltese villages ever since one can remember. It has been a Maltese tradition to breed them.

Most of the best dogs are Black in colour but Tans and Chocolates are quite popular.

The Kelf tal-But appears on Maltese stamps.

post-3304-1288841080_thumb.jpg

Where did you find the reference?

Do you ever think sometimes we are being "had"? Out of interest I called my father who is born in Malta and immigrated with his family as a teenager. He had never heard of them before, he thought I was talking about female dogs! And the Pharaoh Hound he says he has only ever seen in books. laugh.gif Sometimes I do wonder...

I like these guys:They look sweet.

They are called Pumis. From the site "The Pumi is a medium-small terrier type from Hungary that has been used as a “general farm dog.”. They shepherd not only sheep but also cows and pigs. Most Pumis are gray, but are born black."

post-25842-0-97033800-1336730372_thumb.jpg