Rotations Dog Food

OSoSwift

http://www.rotationspetfood.com/default.aspx

Saw it today for the first time.

Apparently it is having an international launch in JAn 2011 - or so I was told. The ingredients seem okay and probably one of the best food I have seen for sale down here.

Anyone tried it???

Have just been reading up.

It is an American food so have asked them about irradiation.

Will ask on another forum that has many American people on it what they think.

Edited by OSoSwift

The only other choices down here are Advance, Science diet or Eukanuba, so this was a pleasant suprise! Although the stockist is expensive on most things so I am guessing this will be the same.

Edited by OSoSwift

Apparently it is having an international launch in JAn 2011 - or so I was told. The ingredients seem okay and probably one of the best food I have seen for sale down here.

Anyone tried it???

Why can't a decent dog food be sourced from Australia....all those food miles make me shiver. :D

Ruddocks were selling it at their recent sale down here. I had a glance on the box but didn't really have the time to study the contents list. Struck me that it was mainly about rotating food flavours (eg. chicken; beef; etc) in such a way that dogs could be introduced to them bit by bit, enjoy a variety of food types, but without causing an upset stomach. But I really didn't take the time to look into it closer. Sorry that I can't help. Some people seem to be able to look at food labels and know instantly whether the contents are good or not. I seem to need to write everything down and then go study. :D

There was nothing in it, though, to make me think it would be great for my dog with his digestive issues. And that it was from OS I inwardly groaned at the idea of then needing to investigate about irradiation etc. This was enough for me to move on past it.

Edited by Erny

Once I realised it was from overseas I groaned as well I must admit!

The food its self seems okay no wheat, meat first ingredient etc. One has Barley. But the lamb one has some fish and turkey etc so I am guessing that is why they can transition easily as although the ingredients are different, they are similar enough.

With regards to irradiation, I emailed this company recently with a question about imported food.

http://www.naturalpetstore.com.au/

This was their reply :confused:

Due to the Orijen issue a few years back here in Australia, no cat food is

now allowed to be irradiated upon entry into Australia. The government

delivered a ban on the irradiation of cat food in May 2009. I can assure you

that no pet food we stock has been irradiated upon entry into Australia.

Anyone tried it???

Why can't a decent dog food be sourced from Australia....all those food miles make me shiver. :rofl:

It can. This is Australian made, its what I've switched my dogs to recently and it's fabulous. Also very reasonably priced being a local product.

http://www.kylainknls.com/food.htm

re irradiation, I know it involves chemicals that can harm our pets, but that aside knowing it doesn't have to be irridated doesn't make me believe its now a better food.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if it isn't irridated, it has to be cooked over and over again at extremely high tempretures to pass AQS. I have read up to 7 times depending on ingredients used I'm guessing, but more often 3 times. It makes we worry how many nutrients are left in the food once it has finished this process. Especially nutrients and EFA, eg. Omega 3 fatty acids in the form of EPA or DHA only last hours at room temperatures before they go rancid, let alone cooked several times over.

This is just one reason why I choose to stick with Aus. made products, the dog and human kind.

GK, I'm awaiting the arrival of some sample of the BH food, I'm really hoping my boy likes it as I much prefer to buy aus owned as well as aus made. He is currently on Nutro, which works well for him, but thought we would try BH as it's cheaper and aus. owned as well as made. I just wish it would bloody hurry up and get here, lol.

The differentce for me is the food is available locally. The Black Hawk, which I really want to get, comes with around a $60 freight fee.

However the fact it is an import product put me off even though the food it's self looks good.

At this point I may have to stick to the Optimum. At least it doesn't have wheat.

The differentce for me is the food is available locally. The Black Hawk, which I really want to get, comes with around a $60 freight fee.

However the fact it is an import product put me off even though the food it's self looks good.

At this point I may have to stick to the Optimum. At least it doesn't have wheat.

Personally I think Optimum is a fantastic food, if my boy didn't have an intolerance to chicken, we would have sticked with that. It has better zinc, vit e and omega levels than Nutro, and it's much much cheaper. These things are important for us in a dog food as I have one with skin issues. The BH doesn't have as high levels of the EFA and I'm still waiting to hear about the zinc, but it seems to work well for a lot of dogs, so I'm going to give it a go.

I've been given a bag from work to try on my lot. They're destroying a roo carcass as we speak, so it will be a day or two before I try the Rotations on them.

I like Nutro, as it's made in Aus, and the one I've been getting (dark green bag) doesn't have corn in it, which my Rotty's guts do NOT like.