Pookinuk

huski

We ordered some food from Pookinuk more than a month ago now, they said at the time that it was out of stock and it would take 1-2 weeks extra to deliver. We were fine with that and paid for it as we needed the food and didn't mind waiting a couple of weeks for it. We bought another brand of food at the same time and received that within the week.

It's now been more than a month and we still haven't received the rest of our order, at least $50 worth. We've sent various emails to two different email addresses and they have gone unanswered, I try calling the number on their website and the phone rings out (there is no answering machine).

Has anyone else had this issue? I've been buying from them for some time now, and have not had this problem before. I understand if the food is still out of stock, but it's more than double the time they said it would take, and they have charged us for it and won't respond to our emails about it.

Edited by huski

I emailed them this week to cancel an order I placed three weeks ago because it still hasn't been sent and it didn't say it was out of stock when I ordered it. They did get back to me after three emails I think but I'm still waiting for the refund.

I'm sensing a pattern...I bought food from them just over a month ago and it took more than 2 weeks to be sent despite no mention it was OOS. All my previous orders were shipped very promptly so it seemed unusual. I hope whatever is going on is just a short term issue. :shrug:

Hopefully you'll hear something soon but if you don't and paid via credit card you might be able to get your $$ back via your bank.

A year ago, the same thing happened to me. I rang them and they instantly refunded my money. Recently i emailed them with a question on something on their website, no reply.

Looks like maybe the company have grown and the service could have gone downhill. What a pity.

I spoke with Richard there on Thursday afternoon. He made sure he grabbed a bag of Eagle Pack Power when he went to EP that afternoon and it was dispatched by the end of the day (arrived last night).

They've been fantastic to deal with re Eagle Pack.

I did try to call earlier in the day and got no answer (but there is an answer machine eventually on the line) and when I rung back it was answered in a couple of rings.

Edited by Danois

I spoke with Richard there on Thursday afternoon. He made sure he grabbed a bag of Eagle Pack Power when he went to EP that afternoon and it was dispatched by the end of the day (arrived last night).

They've been fantastic to deal with re Eagle Pack.

I did try to call earlier in the day and got no answer (but there is an answer machine eventually on the line) and when I rung back it was answered in a couple of rings.

Thanks Dan, all the experiences I've had with them up till now have been good, it is EPH that we bought that was apparently out of stock. Like I said I don't mind if they are out of stock, but I would appreciate a response to the several emails we've sent or at least an update on the order status considering it's been two weeks past the date they originally told us it should arrive by.

I mustn't have let the phone ring enough to get the answering machine.

I placed an order around mid September with them being my first and last order as it took far too long to get my order and it probably would have taken longer if I didn't hassle them. They did however respond very quickly to my email by phoning me and I had a couple of further phone calls with them and they placed some free treats in my delivery. However, I won't place another order with them as I am pretty intolerant of late deliveries and more so when they don't keep you updated and you have to chase them up.

There is NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER in not responding to your emails and I would be very concerned if I couldn't raise them on the phone. This happened to me with another online supplier http://www.petfood247.com.au awhile back, but I did eventually get my delivery, but will never order from them again.

I am sorry to hear of these negative experiences with Pooikinuk. I have ordered from them several times with no problems. The one time what I ordered was out of stock in the size bag I wanted (Eagle pack) I got a phone call the next morning asking if I would like the bigger bag instead which I agreed and it arrived the next day. This was a while ago now, perhaps they are much busier these days.

I ordered some dog tees. They took ages to arrive and I rang and was advised it was a stock issue. Probably about a month before they arrived and then one was the wrong size so I had to send it back and wait for the replacement another couple of weeks. The guy was very apologetic each time I rang but I want internet purchased goods to arrive within a 5 working day period or I may as well just go to the shop and buy them. So I wont use them again.

I have used Pookinuk many times and have found that they are usually very quick with sending their orders out and responding to inquiries.

Last time, however, when I ordered from them there was no mention that they were out of the large bag of one of the types of EPH I ordered. They sent out a smaller bag (charged me for the big bag though) and promised to send me another smaller bag once they received more stock. Well 6kg doesn't go far and a few weeks later we were completely out. I couldn't source another supplier as everyone was having issues so had to resort to another brand all together. (Dog wasn't impressed at al!). I emailed the company prior to running out and received no response(which is unusual they had always been prompt in replying or calling in the past). In the end I rang them and they agreed to send out another variety of EPH which they had in stock.

I have since reordered with them, more EPH, and I noticed at the time of putting my order through the website did state that they were out of stock with EPH and delivery could be expected to take up to 3 weeks.

I received an email on Friday to state that they had shipped my order out. I expect that it should arrive on Monday.

So hopefully your order will be here soon Huski.

It does make it difficult and worrisome when responses to email/calls go unanswered.

Hi Huski

Firstly, apologies to you as it appears we have not supplied your order in full and we have not responded to some emails you have sent. Perhaps you could contact us on 1300 65 66 75 to discuss your order or email us again at [email protected]

Secondly, to the other people in this thread could I ask that you do the same, give Pooinuk a call 1300 65 66 75 or email us at [email protected] as we certainly don't like disappointing our customers.

Pookinuk enjoys feedback, both good and bad from our customers hence the response to the comments posted on Dogz Online. We were of the opinions that our phone system and emails were up to date and working well, however it appears some emails have been lost or overlooked.

We have had numerous supply issues with a couple of brands but hopefully these are just about rectified as certain products seem to be coming back into stock.

Again apologies to those pepole who have posted comments, we will endeavour to lift our service levels and appreciate the candid feedback given.

Kind regards

Pookinuk

Thank you for the response pookinuk :mad

I guess what annoyed me was I wasn't told the product I had ordered was out of stock. I ended up having to place a second order for something else.

I was contacted by phone today and I'm getting a refund on that first order so I'm happy :D