Dog Crate

Bracken

Hi all, sorry if there is already a topic about this!

I'm looking at getting a crate for my Border Collie pup, and I'm not sure what size I should be getting. I need it to be the right size for a full grown border (I'm planing on her using it for quite awhile!).

The 'large' crate is L:90cm, W:60cm, H:65cm.

I'll also be getting a divider to make it puppy-sized at the beginning, but does that seem about the right sized crate?

I'm a complete novice with this because my current girl wasn't crate trained when we got her and as she's always been fine in the house we never bothered with one. But I'm thinking it would be a verrrry good idea to have one for the pup!

Yea? That's good then! Thanks :laugh:

I'm getting one off ebay, which is great price-wise, but I was having a little trouble envisaging whether it would actually be the correct size.

I shall now add it to my 'to get' list!

I have the same one for my Aussie who is similar in size to a BC. We only used the divider for a few weeks, and as a bed we just have a cheap doona in there :o

Edit: She is now 11 months so pretty much fully grown and it is a good size.

Edited by wuffles

that one looks good, my koolie (same size as a BC) is in a crate that is 81 cm long and only 57cm high, and he at the shoulders is about 54/55 cm tall, he cannot put his head up when in the crate, but he basically hopes in and sits down in it, plus if i open the top he has heaps of head room :o

i do feel a bit bad, all the other BC's at my agility are in crates that look huge compared to his, maybe one day he will get a bigger one :D but he seems quite content in this one, he isnt really "crate trained" anyway so the only time we use it is for time outs, if we are visiting someone and want him out of the way, or at agility. :)

Edited by dandybrush