Pacers - Call For Help.

Steve

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys - The vet has been great and so has everyone who has donated. We have enough now to cover her vetting so the people who donated via Carrie have said its O.K us to use their donations to give her a bit of a kick start on christmas and be sure Missy has food and everything else she needs while the family gets back on their feet.

Thank you so very much.

I think the owner is crying tears of happiness now almost as much as she was crying tears in desperation 2 days ago.

Julie

We have enough now to cover her vetting so the people who donated via Carrie have said its O.K us to use their donations to give her a bit of a kick start on christmas and be sure Missy has food and everything else she needs while the family gets back on their feet.

I was one of the people who phoned the vet surgery to donate & would be very happy for any of my donation to be used in this way.

I'm glad that all Missy's needs have been covered. And that the family now have a better Christmas to look forward to.

Steve or Carrie - I live pretty much around the corner if you need anything please let me know more then happy to lend a hand!

Thank you - we may need a hand so Il yell if we need you.

Reports from the owner this morning are that Missy is coping O.K. but seems a bit worried about the kids beingtoo close yet.[if I had my leg cut off I dont think I would want a 3 year old and 5 year old coming within a mile of me either]

She slept on the owners bed and snuggled down under the blankets safe and sound.

Reports from the owner this morning are that Missy is coping O.K. but seems a bit worried about the kids beingtoo close yet.[if I had my leg cut off I dont think I would want a 3 year old and 5 year old coming within a mile of me either]

She slept on the owners bed and snuggled down under the blankets safe and sound.

That's good news, I'm sure the children will learn very quickly to be gentle.

I don't care what my donation is used for, so long as helps Missty and her family ;) :vomit::vomit:

That's good news, I'm sure the children will learn very quickly to be gentle.

I don't care what my donation is used for, so long as helps Missty and her family :D :D :D

Thank you.

Steve or Carrie - I live pretty much around the corner if you need anything please let me know more then happy to lend a hand!

Can you give me a ring when you get the chance?

or PM me your number and I will call you

Julie

Edited by Steve

NEXT PROBLEM.

The owner had knew reconstruction surgery done on monday and is not very mobile and is un able to drive for the next month.

Missty needed a follow up post op exam on Monday too but the owner has been out of action - we have asked the vet for a home visit with a promise of paying but the owner has been told vets dont do these home visits - so we need someone to pick the owner and the dog up and take them to the vet for the post op check.

Any FEMALE in the Acacia Ridge area interested ?

And the owner is pretty desperate for cutlery and crockery, linen pots pans etc.

Miss beligerant has agreed to be our drop off point and deliver any donations to her for us if anyone has any of these sort of items they dont need.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow sorry I've been out of touch for a week or so, I've been so ridiculously busy it's not funny (technically I work as a youth worker these days, I just do vet nursing as a locum on the side, but lately I've been doing 4-6 days locum work and 2-3 days youth work so I am a bit flat out!)

There was a misunderstanding earlier in the week about housecalls and what not, I think Missty's owner got told the clinic didn't do housecalls when the message really was we wouldn't normally do a housecall for a suture removal unless there was a special circumstance and the vet didn't realise that she'd just had surgery! So as soon as I told him, we decided to ring her and offer a housecall and lo and behold, Misty's family walked in the door! They got a lift somehow, so all is well! Sorry I didn't see this post earlier!

The staples are out and Misty is healing fantastically well! She is not just walking wonderfully but infact RUNNING!

Steve, if you could PM or email me a list of things that Misty's owner needs. I think that through my other job I will have no problems getting some donations of goods. Sorry I've been slow to contact you back!

There was a misunderstanding earlier in the week about housecalls and what not, I think Missty's owner got told the clinic didn't do housecalls when the message really was we wouldn't normally do a housecall for a suture removal unless there was a special circumstance and the vet didn't realise that she'd just had surgery!

Sorry just to clarify because it sounds a bit daft, the vet wasn't told that Misty's owner had just had surgery. It almost sounded like I was saying he didn't realise the dog had surgery, but of course Misty had, but also her owner!

We went after transport for her and organised for some extra help. Ive left a couple of messages for you Carrie and tried emailing too so went ahead without you.

last tiem I spoke with the owners she still needed some basic household items.