Swimming Pools For Dogs

Miley

Hi, I have recently joined this site because I wanted to find places for my 14month Lab to swim at. I am near Sydney and we make trips to the beach but I am not 100% confident to let her off leash because she has to be the most sociable dog at the beach and go upto everyone & everything. I know not all people at “dog beaches” appreciate this.

So after months of internet searching I have finally found a place not to far away that has a pool for dogs $4 and a exercise area $2 and you can stay there as long as you want!

We are heading there this Sunday to check it out and to see how my lab goes on her first swimming experience, I just hope I don’t need to jump in afterwards :confused:

http://www.allbreedsboardingkennels.com.au...immingpool.html

If anyone has visted before, let me know your thoughts.

Wow thanks for that, I been wondering if there were any around what a great idea. I might be going on Sunday then Tahli hasn't been in the water yet. But worry a bit if I need to jump in lol. The exercise area would be cool too.

Hi, I have recently joined this site because I wanted to find places for my 14month Lab to swim at. I am near Sydney and we make trips to the beach but I am not 100% confident to let her off leash because she has to be the most sociable dog at the beach and go upto everyone & everything. I know not all people at “dog beaches” appreciate this.

So after months of internet searching I have finally found a place not to far away that has a pool for dogs $4 and a exercise area $2 and you can stay there as long as you want!

We are heading there this Sunday to check it out and to see how my lab goes on her first swimming experience, I just hope I don’t need to jump in afterwards :D

http://www.allbreedsboardingkennels.com.au...immingpool.html

If anyone has visted before, let me know your thoughts.

Will be interested to hear how things go for you and your Lab and how big this pool is as I would be interested in taking my 13mth old boy sometime as well. I take him to the river and beaches, but would be nice to take him to a pool and I have done searches previously looking for swimming pools for dogs in Sydney but have never found any. Hope you both enjoy yourselves on Sunday and report back to us :heart:

how big this pool is as I would be interested in taking my 13mth old boy sometime as well.

It's fairly big... size of a normal backyard pool.

Here are some photos...

3612720027_54d84595ae.jpg

3613537338_f1d114aebe.jpg

3612721437_ec5a046687.jpg

Zoomies around the pool

3612721581_eca5466012.jpg

3613533704_2fcb0b0fe4.jpg

And the little fenced area around the pool

3612718991_506c1a4e50.jpg

3613536424_b2ddb10e94.jpg

3612719221_da8a15185c.jpg

how big this pool is as I would be interested in taking my 13mth old boy sometime as well.

Here are some photos...

3612720027_54d84595ae.jpg

3613537338_f1d114aebe.jpg

3612721437_ec5a046687.jpg

Zoomies around the pool

3612721581_eca5466012.jpg

3613533704_2fcb0b0fe4.jpg

And the little fenced area around the pool

3612718991_506c1a4e50.jpg

3613536424_b2ddb10e94.jpg

3612719221_da8a15185c.jpg

Thank you :D - will probably organise a visit next week if the warm weather keep us as I can go during the week and avoid the crowds :heart: I am sure my water baby will have a ball :heart:

Looks great. Can you book it for your dogs only or is it open to all dogs like a dog park?

I don't know if you can book it or not - I just usually turn up (we go during the week). It's used by a lot of greyhound people to exercise their dogs. I have always waited for others to be done and others have given me the same courtesy.

Looks great. Can you book it for your dogs only or is it open to all dogs like a dog park?

I don't know if you can book it or not - I just usually turn up (we go during the week). It's used by a lot of greyhound people to exercise their dogs. I have always waited for others to be done and others have given me the same courtesy.

You dont need to book, just turn up. I rang and spoke to a man and he said you can stay as long as you want and go from the pool to grass all day. I got the impression its open to all dogs like the dog parks. Would be a good chance to check out the boarding also.

We had a lot of fun on Sunday at the pool. After a few gentle pushes Miley started to jump or fall in to get the tennis balls. There was a German shepherd there when we arrived and all Miley wanted to do was play, so I kept her out of the way till the owner had finished.

The pool is a good size, although I couldn’t imagine too many dogs in there at the one time, might become a bit over whelming for the new swimmers.

Worth the drive since it was such a hot day and great to see my girl swim and not sink.

post-37433-1289958154_thumb.jpg

Glad to see Miley liked it!

I am surrounded by beaches and it is a bit far from me though :o

Though it would be good to take her there. i always freak out about her getting eaten by a shark or something at the beach. i dont let her swim too far out for this reason.

How easy is it for dog's to get in and out of the pool? Is there a ramp or easy access in/out eg stairs?

Our Golden Retriever would live in the water if he could and loves going to the beach for a swim. We are fortunate to have a pool at home but he will not go in it and barks constantly when we are in it which notrmally results in us getting out because he is so worked up. We have taken him in but he freaked out and I think he stresses because he see how to get out.

Perhaps if we take him to this kennel/swimming pool and he sees other dogs swimming there and learns how to get in/out he may get more confident and will swim at home? Any suggestions? Our pool is of course fenced so he can't get in when we are not there so no risk of him drowning.

How easy is it for dog's to get in and out of the pool? Is there a ramp or easy access in/out eg stairs?

Our Golden Retriever would live in the water if he could and loves going to the beach for a swim. We are fortunate to have a pool at home but he will not go in it and barks constantly when we are in it which notrmally results in us getting out because he is so worked up. We have taken him in but he freaked out and I think he stresses because he see how to get out.

Perhaps if we take him to this kennel/swimming pool and he sees other dogs swimming there and learns how to get in/out he may get more confident and will swim at home? Any suggestions? Our pool is of course fenced so he can't get in when we are not there so no risk of him drowning.

We are building a pool at the moment and will be getting a "Skamper Ramp" - not sure if it helps with the getting in but should with getting out of the pool.