Have posted it Ellz, on the bottom of the blue/CDA thread in Stafford Talk

Personally I would have posted it as a subject of its own in the Stafford Debate section. More of the "opinionated" folk tend to post in there.

Eek! Exactly! lol

Well...... I don't mind putting it there.... I guess...

It's important to me that the right information is given out, so I guess it should be open to discussion...

Well.. I asked.... and finally got a reply from the UK KC.

Despite how Caroline has worded her reply to me, please be assured, I ASKED if it was possible for a blue Stafford to have a black nose genetically, as I understood that genetically it was not possible. I did NOT STATE it was impossible, as Carolines reply might imply.

Thank you for your enquiry. The Kennel Club Breed Standard describes the ideal specimen of a breed. Whilst some dogs may not comply with all points as described, the judge must take an overview and decide which of the dogs being exhibited most closely meets the standard. The issue of colour is just one of several points described in the standard. However, we would disagree with your view that a blue dog cannot have a black nose as required by the standard. There are blue dogs exhibited in the UK which have black noses.

We hope that this clarification will be of assistance.

Yours sincerely

Caroline Hallett

:laugh: That's terrible! Imagine all the people out there who are ignorant of the fact that a blue Stafford genetically cannot have a black nose (which I myself was not that long ago), being given the same answer as you got!! :) Maybe you could reply to Caroline with a link to the Dog Coat Colour Gentics website, directing her to the page specifically about nose colour and see how she replies to that!

I might do some enquiring myself with the ANKC and see what they have to say. Does anyone think though, that if it was brought to their attention, they would actually do anything about it like change the Standard to exclude the blue colour? If they did it would put the BFB (breeding for blue) people out of business :thumbsup:

wonder if the desperate owners had them tattooed?

only way i see it could be.

i sure know of some that have a falsie teste inserted, my friend worked for the vet who did em sooo it happens