Quarantine Stations ?

shortstep

at least until 2015, although they have not yet even started work on the site of the new centre (it is just down the road from me, so I check regularly to see what is going on) Mind you, they have also not even done anything at the site next to our CFA in Greenvale where the AQIS sniffer dogs were meant to be moving either, and that was 3 years ago we were informed that they had leased the site for that (for 90 years)

I am still waiting for info from Eastern Creek as to their charges, but reading the above it is going to be scary. IF I do return to Aus (Perth) with my dog I want him properly looked after as he is an Aussie champ.

Given all the airfares and shipper fees - LHR to SYD then SYD to PER + quarantine fees it is going to be bloody exxy for anyone brining an animal into Australia.

• 2 months later...

http://www.daff.gov.au/biosecurity/cat-dogs/quarantine-facilities-and-fees/fees-for-government-animal-quarantine-faciltities

Fees as of today are 149 dollars a night! +++ Total just over 1700 dollars in 10 days not including Any additional veterinary care.

Talking about profit here..

Dog in a small 2x3m pedick 149 a night/day. Some hotel corps will go jealous for sure.

http://www.daff.gov.au/biosecurity/cat-dogs/quarantine-facilities-and-fees/fees-for-government-animal-quarantine-faciltities

Dog in a small 2x3m pedick 149 a night/day. Some hotel corps will go jealous for sure.

While I think that obviously we must have quarantine & we must pay for it to keep our country as trouble free & healthy as it is I think that the standard of accommodation & level of care for the cost is abysmal.

There should be space, air con & heating for that cost & after the journey these animals have had they both need & deserve it.

http://www.daff.gov....ine-faciltities

While I think that obviously we must have quarantine & we must pay for it to keep our country as trouble free & healthy as it is I think that the standard of accommodation & level of care for the cost is abysmal.

There should be space, air con & heating for that cost & after the journey these animals have had they both need & deserve it.

Conditions is not really too bad can check some youtube videos. but stl $1700 for 10 days is way overboard. Also now you not allowed to visit your pet or even hire a professional dog walking services to give a pet much needed quality exercise after that long flight . No visits from outside at all in now days. Use to be 30 days for $600 and 1/2 hour visits are allowed. Not sure which option is better :)