Can I ?

Quobba

Just beautiful!! Super shots. There was a baby Frogmouth on our doorstep a few days ago, just a wet sodden mess. I rang the WIRES people who said it's the big rain and they don't learn to fly til after they leave the nest, but once they are soaked there is no hope. They said feed it a tiny bit of raw mince with egg yolk and keep in in a dry warm box til it dries out. They also said there were calls about them from all over Melbourne, so they must leave the nest in synchronised time.

Anyway he dried out well, and I followed directions and left him where I found him next night, and the Mum came and fed him when he called. He was still there next morning and in daylight he did some practice flights to and from the neighbour's roof and our deck, then took off into the forest. No photos, it was a stressed little bird already without adding to it.

Super shots :laugh: They are just gorgeous :)

....Anyway he dried out well, and I followed directions and left him where I found him next night, and the Mum came and fed him when he called. He was still there next morning and in daylight he did some practice flights to and from the neighbour's roof and our deck, then took off into the forest. No photos, it was a stressed little bird already without adding to it.

What a lovely outcome ;)