Do Not Vote For Labour In Victoria

Steve

I will not pay more fees to participate in a hobby. We have 3 'breeding' bitches at the moment. They are pets who show and occasionally will be bred. I will not pay more fees, I will not register as a business (who wants extra responsibility on their tax?? Not me). And most importantly, I will not subject myself or my dogs to 'inspection' by ANYONE associated with the RSPCA nor will I change my current method of housing and whelping my dogs (dogs are in and out when they please if I'm home and let's just say my girls water broke on my bed when she had her litter!!). I am MORE than happy for puppy buyers to visit, and other breeders but that is where I draw the line.

Be careful, next on the agenda will be requiring a vet in attendance during a whelping.

I also believe such legislation as is proposed will further blur the line and add to the confusion in how to find a responsible, ethical breeder. Puppy farms will remain in full force and they will be 'registered' which will equal good :mad

I will be placing my first informal vote today, I have read the policies from all parties and candidates in my electorate and I cannot justify any of them (for reasons involving dogs and other). The two parties who make no mention of animals I find abhorrent in their proposed legislations for human beings.

I still feel ill.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be placing my first informal vote today ...

Can I have your vote then, SP? Gotta get rid of Labor. Tried them. They didn't work. Sure - the others aren't looking exciting, but at least they are a different bunch of people and maybe better to speak with. Just a glimmer of hope that I'm shedding here.

Bugger, Erny! I voted at 5 this evening. If i had known I would have given you my vote. It truly made me feel physically ill putting the ballot on the box. I informal voted on my small paper but on the large one I went Sex Party. They seem reasonably sane (and want to decriminalize the sex workers industry which I have wanted since I was a kid!). I hope I did the right thing there..... We only had Lib, ALP, Green, FF and DLP- I will never vote directly Liberal, normally I'd vote Labor but not after this, and the Greens are a bunch of nutters. The DLP and FF want to remove far too many human rights, Lord knows what they'd do to dogs!! I was truly at a loss as to what to do. So I did nothing. Wrong I know but.....

Bugger, Erny! I voted at 5 this evening. If i had known I would have given you my vote.

Oh Phooey. And I know they would have believed me when I came through the line for the second time and told them I was SpikesPuppy.

I couldn't "not vote" or vote informal. Only because I had it instilled in me that brave people died to get women the right to vote - bit of a kick in the teeth to them if their efforts were for nothing. But I understand the dilemma and the decision.

For me I do not vote for a party on a handful of current issues or because I like or dislike an individual: but on the basis of its broader ideals. That does not mean I expect they would always get it right, but I would expect some effort to be made. And I don't want a party with no ethics, or those with just a narrow little range of policies to be running the State.

I couldn't "not vote" or vote informal. Only because I had it instilled in me that brave people died to get women the right to vote - bit of a kick in the teeth to them if their efforts were for nothing. But I understand the dilemma and the decision.

For me I do not vote for a party on a handful of current issues or because I like or dislike an individual: but on the basis of its broader ideals. That does not mean I expect they would always get it right, but I would expect some effort to be made. And I don't want a party with no ethics, or those with just a narrow little range of policies to be running the State.

Believe me, PC, I wanted to cry when I was staring at the ballots. I felt terrible for 'wasting' the vote but honestly had no idea where to go. Wider ideals are what I believe in too but at the same time, I felt that the Labor propositions relating to something so important to me meant that I could not in good conscience put it a vote that could mean allowing that to happen. I spent much of my day (very quiet at work) scouring all the websites I could find relating to my candidates and their party policies. I do feel that I made the decision not to vote in the lower house as opposed to going "nup, can't be stuffed. I don't care". And really, it's not like Labor has been a standout performer for this state :mad

And I did do a proper upper house vote so it wasn't entirely wasted.

Totally wishing that I had gone with Mum and voted earlier this week before I knew about this... Could have begrudgingly voted for my preferred party guilt free. Sigh.

Good luck tomorrow- I hope you all have decent candidates :thumbsup:

I have already made up my mind many weeks ago NOT to vote for Labour or Liberal in this election. For the first time in my voting life instead of putting one above the box I am going to number all the boxes below so I know where my vote is going to and that the preference vote does NOT go to Labour or Liberal. I have been a Labour voter all my life apart from the federal election this is the other time I am voting against them.

I am voting Sex Party. They have some wonderful policies. I used to vote Greens but this time I am getting a little worried about some of their policies. I agree with most of their stances, but not all.

I actually emailed the Liberal person, Dee Ryall, for my electorate and told her i won't be voting for her and she emailed me back, not even trying to change my mind. hrrmph.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au

Cliffhanger election tipped as booths open

Polling booths have opened across Victoria in an election that is tipped to be a cliffhanger.

Polling booths opened their doors at 8am (AEDT) with 3.5 million voters faced with the choice between re-electing Labor after 11 years in power or going with the coalition, led by Ted Baillieu.

11 years is too long and tghe Labor Party have done a lot of damage with the crazy legislation that they have brought in about dog breeding.

Hope Ted Bailleau and his team of Libs know a bit more about dog breeding before they start signing off on any more new laws.

Think twice about giving your vote to an independent or one of the smaller parties, because there is a high risk that your vote will end up with Labor in the counting of preferences.

The Labor Party have done a lot of damage with the crazy legislation that they have brought in about dog breeding.

Hope Ted Bailleau and his team of Libs know a bit more about dog breeding before they start signing off on any more new laws.

Think twice about giving your vote to an independent or one of the smaller parties, because there is a high risk that your vote will end up with Labor in the counting of preferences.

x2

In my electorate (Narre Warren North), we have Labor (DONNELLAN, Luke) at 51.78% and we have Liberal (FRAZER, Michelle) at 48.22%. From what I can tell, 100% of the votes have been counted. Of these, 5.76% were informal votes. Bummer. Luke Donnellan was no help whatsoever with any of the dog-related issues I sought his support on. I am so disappointed. :thumbsup:

ETA: Mind you, without the party preferred votes, Michelle would have got in - 42.93% to 42.06%.

Edited by Erny

Lets hope there is a great big batch of Lib votes in the postals ....

And that by some minor miracle that there are not a lot of preferences going to Labor

Those who voted Green actually voted Labor because sadly that is where their vote will end up via the preferential voting system :thumbsup:

Those who voted Green actually voted Labor because sadly that is where their vote will end up via the preferential voting system :thumbsup:

??? How??? Is it different from Federal and Queensland preferential voting? Isn't it up to the individual to allocate preferences? Can't you vote Greens first, then whoever you want second? Maybe I am missing something.

??? How??? Is it different from Federal and Queensland preferential voting? Isn't it up to the individual to allocate preferences? Can't you vote Greens first, then whoever you want second? Maybe I am missing something.

A Victorian DOLer might be more knowledgeable on what is happening with the preferences down there. Anyone Vic political animals around tonight?

A Victorian DOLer might be more knowledgeable on what is happening with the Greens down there. Anyone Vic political animals around tonight?

:thumbsup: Sorry BM, my brain is drained tonight! You are right about the voters preferences. I am thinking about how the Greens vote in parliament .... with Labor.

A Victorian DOLer might be more knowledgeable on what is happening with the preferences down there. Anyone Vic political animals around tonight?

I wouldn't call me a "Political Animal" - political process never ceases to bamboozle me. But my understanding was that yes, Greens preferences went to Labor. Liberals put Greens last on the "how to vote" card, and Labor second last to try to avoid this. I think that's how it worked.

I'm pleased for the result and hopefully a bunch of fresh faces and some ears who are ready, willing and able to listen to sense and sensibility. Wish the Liberal representative in my electorate had gained the seat though.