Lightweight, Portable Fencing

megan_

I'm going to my Aunt's holiday house over Christmas, and there is a 4m gap that needs to be fenced in. I'm after some lightweight, portable fencing that can withstand bumps from the dogs (so it will need to be "driven" into the groud with poles).

The dogs aren't big (mini schnauzers) but it would need to be about 6 foot high in order for me to not worry constantly.

Any suggestions?

A couple of options would be xpens, chicken wire with star pickets or an old gate/0pool fence etc that is secured.

If I need to contain mine while I'm at someones house, I use xpens. Easy for me as I trust them to stay in there, since I have used them since they were puppies. That said, I would never leave them in an xpen if I left the property to go shopping or out to dinner. Then they would be crated and generally in a room or garage/shed rather than in a backyard.

Eta, once you decide what you will use, might be an idea to start getting them used to it now so you feel more confident.

Edited by Vickie

I've got one of these portable dog pens where the panels clip together & you can assemble them in various shapes.

Or keep them in a straight line, for a fence.

I use it to make a fence around the shed- front, to put the tibs in, when tradespeople are working in the house.

I think 4 ft height is tallest it comes in. That's the height I've got.

http://www.bowhouse.com.au/p/453700/pets-e...oat-finish.html

Edited by mita

We use the Bunnings panels for everything :eek: They are very light weight, temporary, easy to affix into just about any situation, enough to deter most dogs. My rottis would not even both trying to go through, around or over it. You can use it the taller way if you wish. Cheap as chips.

star pickets and weldmesh.. works a treat easily to handle, easy to put up and take down. wire the panels together against the start pickets

H

I would go this option too - quick easy and relatively inexpensive for a small space.

We use the Bunnings panels for everything :laugh: They are very light weight, temporary, easy to affix into just about any situation, enough to deter most dogs. My rottis would not even both trying to go through, around or over it. You can use it the taller way if you wish. Cheap as chips.

and you can make them higher by joining them together with the black plastic tie thingees :D It's what I did to seperate my dog yard into two. Then you can take them home afterwards

Another fan of the Bunnings panels :laugh: we use them to build yards outside, block gaps under fences or gates as well as using them inside for drying the dogs after a bath or resting unwell dogs etc.

I must have about 20 panels I reckon all up (some rusted as they have been out long term).

Made an excellent fence with star pickets to extend my puppy run.

About $25 now I think for a pack of 4.

Whatever you choose to use, keep an eye on the dogs. I know mine would just enjoy the challenge of trying to get over the new fence! I have part of my garden blocked off with the 4 foot panels, I know one dog can get over them but she has never tried, the others spent a good few weeks looking for a weakness in the new fence that they could exploit.