Litters Due In Febuary 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are the babies Paps?

We are having a very uncomfortable time here. Yesterday temp reached 43 degrees outside and a very snug 28 inside. Mina spend the day in the whelping box with the fan pointed straight at her, I sprayed her down every half hour or so.

They predict 40+ degrees again today so temp overnight only went down to about 27. Understandably she refused to sleep inside so I let her sleep out on the lawn and set my alarm to check on her every hour. At 5 am she became very unsettled and panty, she is back in the whelping box with the fan and laying down, its hard to tell if she is restless due to whelp or just bloody hot :thumbsup: She is off her food (this is also very Neo in the heat) but not nesting, just laying down very awake.

This really sux :laugh: She will be having an elective c-section but its hard to tell when to make the call. If its going to be today I would rather it be now before the heat really sets in - dont really want to be travelling with her and pups in 40+ degree temps :laugh:

Babies look to be doing really well, so is mum. I think she initially had a bit of trouble with her milk, but it seems to be ok now. I'm starting to see bulgy tummies on the pups last night that I previously hadn't been able to see, so a good sign I think.

They're also crying less too. Weigh time in a few hours so we will be able to see then if they are getting the milk.

Portia had a bit of a swollen gland the night before last, so chucked the big girl on there to suck for a while and it seems to rectify itself by the next morning. Phew!!

My bitch has gone off her food, always first sign with her. Hope she waits until tonight to whelp, supposed to be 38 here today already 29. Have the fan on her now so she can get used to it. Day 59 today, she's hung onto them longer then usual which is good.

Jumping the gun here :laugh: ;) ;) ;) ;) But love doing the tread so to bad.

Paptacular - Papillons - 2nd. 28/01/2011 3 boys 1 girl

kemulvak - Tenterfield Terriers - 2nd.

dunwarren - Australian Silky Terriers - 3rd.

Mastini - Neapolitan Mastiff - 3rd.

Bilbo Baggins - Cavaliers - 12th.

gone troppo - Chihuahuas (long) - 13th.

kelpiesrule - Kelpies -9th.

Monteba - Cavaliers - 20th.

Owned by Shelties - Shetland Sheepdogs - 24th.

dunwarren - Australian Silky Terriers - 24th.

redkidsmum - Toy Poodle - 28th.

Congrats Kemulvak :laugh: hope Mum and pups are doing well.

Well looks like we just made it into Feb. :laugh:

Mina spiked a temp last night due to stress and heat, managed to get it down very quickley and she settled down for the night.

She woke me up at 2 am to go out when I turned the light on I saw she has a dark bloody discharge. She is quite restless but not really nesting (this doesn't necessarily mean much as she is a maiden bitch).

Just got off phone to the vet and he is suggesting we try and wait it out til the morning (she will be having a c-section) as if we make the call to early we could regret it.

So now I've put the kettle on and am waiting watching for her to start contractions...

Edited by Mastini