Pet Shops

RAH

I would like to see a really good selection of leads, collars and harnesses, every where here is Rogz, I HATE Rogz......

It feels like that here as well. I found it unexpectedly difficult to buy a simple unadorned solid colour collar recently - do dogs not wear these anymore?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a very strong believer in animal rights. I'm quite disappointed when I look on this forum :laugh:

Animals dont have rights.

I'd like to see quality pet food, medication, grooming products, bedding, coats, toys ...I'll think up a few more.

Hey we will be doing heaps of toys and bedding, also we will have a few different brands of pet food and some flea tick stuff also some washing products, we will have some medication that you dont need to see a vet for...

Keep a eye out in Edmonton Cairns after July 1st 2011 to see our Brand New store opening ;) Thank you kindly

I would like to see a really good selection of leads, collars and harnesses, every where here is Rogz, I HATE Rogz......

It feels like that here as well. I found it unexpectedly difficult to buy a simple unadorned solid colour collar recently - do dogs not wear these anymore?

we will try our hardest to suppy these for use :laugh:

Ducklings or any other baby animals should not be given to children to look after as an experiment.

I'm not Australian but have been here for 25 years now. I was horrified when my friends told me that during their school years, one of the school projects commonly undertaken was to look after a chick or duckling.

Did my friends (who I know to be lovely people) raise these dependent little creatures to adulthood? No, most of them died, and probably not in a painless or quick way.

Noone was apparently too concerned when this happened and I daresay the parents were probably relieved.

I believe it is completely inappropriate to get school children to do this sort of thing, leaving a helpless little bird in the care of some kids is highly risky. It is especially inappropriate from the animal's point of view.

In the UK we had animals at school but all contact with them was monitored by a teacher and they were fed/watered etc by a responsible adult. Needless to say, it was never nice to get to school and hear of a breakin and the torture/killing of these little innocents. It happened and was most likely teenage kids doing it.

I agree 100% in all that you have said :laugh: . I have seen this with my neighbours and it really frustrated me. Young kids playing with small birds, dropping animals, expee cted to look after birds which, of course, they did NOT, constantly subjecting animals to stress, etc etc. Some parents can be so nonchalant and don't seem to care how their kids go about treating animals, most upsetting.

When these projects are entered into there has to be responsibility from 3 parties: the child, the parent, and the teacher.

We have kindergartens through to high schools that have been involved in joint animal care for years, very successfully, particularly at holiday times when the classroom creatures have to go to the childrens homes. They get returned to the classroom at the beginning of term .... in good health.

If a teacher knows what they are doing with animals and children, then it will be OK. There will always be parents who let the side down, but I believe that these people are in the minority with most creatures ..... with the exception of the tadpoles. Ah yes, the smelly slimy bowls of taddies were sometimes a sight (and smell) to behold.

Slack parents and slack teachers should never be involved in any animal projects.

But give the good teachers and the good parents the credit where it is due though please!

They DO teach the kids responsibility about animal care and many children have benefited from the experience of having the responsibiity of caring for the animals.

I could safely say that the good parents are not in the majority and meanwhile the animals are made to suffer ;) Animals are not to be used as an experiment. TO throw an animal into a home that may not be all that keen is asking for trouble....

Edited to add.....what I mean by "good parents" is not to say they are not responsible parents to their children BUT they simply may not be a primary example when it comes to animal care or may be too busy with their own doings to truly bother....

Edited by Moselle

Ducklings or any other baby animals should not be given to children to look after as an experiment.

I'm not Australian but have been here for 25 years now. I was horrified when my friends told me that during their school years, one of the school projects commonly undertaken was to look after a chick or duckling.

Did my friends (who I know to be lovely people) raise these dependent little creatures to adulthood? No, most of them died, and probably not in a painless or quick way.

Noone was apparently too concerned when this happened and I daresay the parents were probably relieved.

I believe it is completely inappropriate to get school children to do this sort of thing, leaving a helpless little bird in the care of some kids is highly risky. It is especially inappropriate from the animal's point of view.

In the UK we had animals at school but all contact with them was monitored by a teacher and they were fed/watered etc by a responsible adult. Needless to say, it was never nice to get to school and hear of a breakin and the torture/killing of these little innocents. It happened and was most likely teenage kids doing it.

We had to do this as part of a year 11 biology project at school. It was stopped the year after we did it. I completely agree that it should not have been done and am glad that it was removed from the curriculum. Having said that there was just the one chicken that died the year we did it, so it wasn't most of them. Once the project was finished my chicken and a number of my friends chickens all went to my parents chicken coop. My chicken will still come running up to me when I enter the pen and follow me everywhere :) He also lives the life of luxury now :mad