Rain, Rain, Rain

~Rumour~

Why wouldn't you take them out? I go the oval and hang out near the cricket shelter and use the ball chucker. My Dogs love a burn in the rain. I wear a jacket and make the most of it. I have a protector mat that goes up the back seat and cargo area of the 4wd, take a towel.

When we get home I leave them at the front door and grab a warm wet towel, rub them off and make them sit on their beds for an hour or so.

Mine don't go (too) crazy if they miss a day, but I try not to. We do fetch every day anyway with one of the soft toys - that gets Carl's excess energy out. Mischa will chase a ball or play chasies with me. Jag throws his own toys around and entertains himself. :)

I'm dogsitting my best friend's 2 dogs for the month... The foxy is a nut. I worked 12 hours today and picked them up on my way home, then took them + my two to the park. Threw a ball for 30 mins to tire the bugger out.

I initiate zoomies on wet days. :) That gets them going, and we do some clicker training. That said, Carl and Mischa are generally happy to lounge around. :thanks: But if I haven't showered yet, I take them to an offleash area where they can run. Both love wet grass! And we have raincoats and plenty of warm towels!

Mine like playing in the rain so I let them go...They can't get to dirty - artificial turf - that's one reason we pout it down. Although that said - Bonnie likes to dig holes in the rain - lets them fill up - then rolls in them (They do have a section which is not AT) - then she stays out!

Down to the beach every morning for mine.

If its raining hard, I drag out the driazabone and the acubra......great look with board shorts :)

My dane won't go into the yard when the grass is wet. I can drag her out but she refuses to toilet. ;)

We all don rain jackets and go walking in the rain. When it's cold in the house, we rug up and open the front door so Henschke can see outside (he loves to watch the world go by). If it's really freezing, we let him into the guest room so he can still see outside but from the comfort of the guest bed, LOL.

Mine like playing in the rain so I let them go...They can't get to dirty - artificial turf - that's one reason we pout it down. Although that said - Bonnie likes to dig holes in the rain - lets them fill up - then rolls in them (They do have a section which is not AT) - then she stays out!

I've got one of those too :laugh:

Its been stormy and warm here the last couple of days and my dogs are loving it. Lots of puddles to play in , we have the wading pool set up so even though it was pouring before we had a good splash in the wading pool and off to off lead reserve to run around in the rain. Life doesnt get better than that. I love labradors coats, one minute sopping wet and muddy, a quick towel dry and good as new. Its amazing how the dirt just falls off them. I have no exuses not to go out in the rain as my two love it. The good thing is you can almost guarantee the reserve to yourself. :laugh:

When it's raining (unless it's absolutely torrential) - Sash gets her coat on (which she tolerates only because she gets to walk, but reserves the right to sulk the whole way while huffing out the side of her mouth in disgust), and I get my coat and umbrella out, and we walk.

I simply don't have the heart to tell her we can't go... and she knows the routine - Mum gets home, washing gets put on, walk time. I feel awfully guilty if I don't walk her. I figure she's been at home all day (grant you I spend an hour of my lunch break with her), and she never makes a fuss, never destroys anything, deals with it beautifully - so the least I can do is give her a nice walk, even if it means I come home a little soggy and muddy.

It's the price I pay to see that priceless smile on her face.