Mince In Victoria

Lemonlime

Just wondering if anyone can recommend some places that sell GOOD quality pet mince in the Western suburbs of Victoria?

A friend of mine is having issues with her current supplier (too many preservatives and inconsistency in the meat).

She is wanting someone that supplies mince that isnt pumped full of preservatives and artificial colours. She only has small dogs so isnt looking to buy bulk amounts, just looking for a good honest supplier.

Thanks!

Use human grade mince...it's better for them.

Why?

Many outlets sell good quality pet meat with no added crap.

I buy minced lamb, cheek and heart, no additives, freshly minced, same place also sells freshly minced chicken carcasses.

No preservatives no dye. All by products from their human consumption goods. Why would I spend $7 kg for human grade mince.

Talk to your local butchers. My butcher minces chicken frames in 2kg lots and they freeze them straightaway so you know they are fresh.

Sorry everyone, I meant to post this into the Health/Grooming forum. Could you be so kind to move it Troy?

Troy doesn't read everybody's threads, you need to use the report button and ask him to move it.

Thanks everyone i'll pass it on. Thornbury wouldnt be too far from where she is. I know she has purchased meat from E A Salce in Thornbury but was concerned about the preservatives and dyes. Does anyone else buy from them? Her last batch of Ox Cheek was a very un natural colour.

Tasman meat in Werribee, Synott St, near Spotlight. Actually Spotlight may not still be there, but its near where it used to be. Human mince, but they have great prices.

We get a heap of stuff from Tasman meats. Minced chicken frames, lamb necks, marrow bones, off cuts, whole frames and cheap 3 star mince that we add vegies and stuff to. They have rabbit, ox , you name it. They will also cut anything up however you like as the butcher is right there.

Its all pretty cheap too :confused: