Volunteers Needed To Bring 3 Dogs To Our Doggy Day Out On Sunday

AWDRI

Hey all,

We have a few dogs in boarding on the southside of Brisbane that we would like to get brought along to our Doggy Day Out at Kalinga Park in Clayfield on Sunday (event details at the bottom of this post).

We just don't have enough hands to do it.

The following 3 dogs are gorgeous natured and friendly with both people and dogs and we would love to get them there to get the exposure they need and as a well needed outing from the boarding kennels.

Can anyone help and come along and have a fun outing on Sunday?

Bear

Tiger-4-Small.jpg

Tiger

Bear-5-Small.jpg

Bandit

IMG_7126-2010-10-31-bandit.jpg

Event details below

AWDRI_Sponsor_Flyer.jpg

I'm coming up to volunteer for the day, not bringing my own dogs and would LOVE to pick up a furbie. Probably only 1 though because I will also have food items to bring with me and will need a free hand. I don't have a crate either but have those seatbelt thingies to keep my dogs secure. I think I am a little in love with Bandit too if that helps?

Given I am volunteering and assuming I may be behind a stall some of the time will Bandit or the other dogs be looked after by someone else while there? Anytime I am not behind a stall though I'd love to show one of them off.

Di is away from home at the moment so has asked me to respond.

Thanks so much for your offers of assistance. The dogs are currenlty in boarding at Acacia Ridge Pet Resort, which is located at 102 Sherbrooke Road, Acacia Ridge. They not generally open on Sunday mornings so if we could co-ordinate to collect the dogs at around the same time, that would be very much appreciated by kennel staff. They are open from 2 - 5 for drop-offs that afternoon. We kick off at 8 am at Clayfield, but any time you can get there with the dogs would be great (although we would love them to be there for as long as possible :laugh:).

PS are you happy to collect Bandit? There will be volunteers who could look after him while you are manning the cake stall etc.

Miss B, are you happy to bring Bear and Tiger?

If you could let me know what time would suit you to collect the dogs on Sunday morning I can let the kennel staff know. Thanks so much!

Miss B, are you happy to bring Bear and Tiger?

Not a problem as long as you are happy they are riding in the back seat of the car. And we aren't lunatic drivers.

To get to clayfield on time we would probably have to pick them up around 7:00 as its about a 30min drive.

Do we get to walk them around etc during the day? This is exciting :laugh:

I can also be there at 7am to pick up Bandit. If I am a smidge late it is only because of traffic. I'm excited too and I'm assuming apart from stall duties Bandit is mine to entertain and show off until 2pm? I am going to bring water and poo bags and all that stuff like he was my own. Might also bring a toy in case he likes that kind of thing as well but will check with the kennel staff when I pick him up.

LDH I will PM you my personal details in case you need to pass them on to the kennel people or Di.

Have the owners given permission for the dogs to be taken out and about? I know if my dogs were in a boarding kennel - that is where I would expect them to stay. Not taken out in public with strangers.

:) I think you need to re-read this thread as you are obviously confused as to who these dogs belong to

These dogs in kennels are actually AWDRI rescue dogs that they are obviously boarding until they can find new homes for them as probably don't have enough foster carers to look after all the dogs in their care. They want to take the dogs out to their Doggy Day Out to give them more exposure, so hopefully they can be adopted :provoke:

AWDRI - hope you guys have a great Doggy Day Out and hope you have success in finding new homes for your lovely doggies :o

Miss B and PS - I have sent you a PM - thanks so much!! GM, thanks to you also for your very kind offer of back-up assistance. We are so grateful for all of your offers to help - it really is sincerely appreciated.

Now we just have to pray this rains clears up and the sun comes out tomorrow morning! :grouphug:

And yes, just to clarify - these are three of our rescue dogs that are in boarding temporarily pending a foster or adoptive home becoming available :D We are so hoping tomorrow will bring them some very-much needed exposure!

Unfortunately the increasingly bad weather has put a halt to our plans for our much anticipated doggy day out A few of us will still be on site, planning to set up at least 1 gazebo for cake sales, but the sausage sizzle etc will not go ahead. We do plan to reschedule though so stay tuned for the new date!

Our sincerest thanks again to those who had offered to assist today