Adopted A Dog What Would You Do?

siks3

CRIMES ACT 1900 SECTION 132 - STEALING DOGS

This legislation states: "Whosoever, having been summarily convicted under this or any former Act, of any such offence as is hereinafter in this section mentioned, afterwards, steals any dog, or has unlawfully in his or her possession any stolen dog, knowing such dog to be stolen, shall be liable to imprisonment for one year."

See also for NSW: http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/viewtop/...40+1900+cd+0+N/

One of the things that can happen when the rules are not followed: http://express-advocate-wyong.whereilive.c...ed-for-helping/

Edited by espinay2

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This legislation states: "Whosoever, having been summarily convicted under this or any former Act, of any such offence as is hereinafter in this section mentioned, afterwards, steals any dog, or has unlawfully in his or her possession any stolen dog, knowing such dog to be stolen, shall be liable to imprisonment for one year."

Yes espinay, I get the drift now but this does not apply to the OP; the OP knows who the dog belonged to, heck....what is the problem with the OP going to the vet to ensure that the dog is or is not microchipped, if it is not.....the next step would be to approach the former owner and get that person to sign the dog over so that there are no legal repercussions in the future......

Making sure that there is a witness that can verify that this has taken place is an added plus.

Yes espinay, I get the drift now but this does not apply to the OP; the OP knows who the dog belonged to, heck....what is the problem with the OP going to the vet to ensure that the dog is or is not microchipped, if it is not.....the next step would be to approach the former owner and get that person to sign the dog over so that there are no legal repercussions in the future......

Making sure that there is a witness that can verify that this has taken place is an added plus.

did the dog belong to the woman or her partner, did it belong to a child? how does the OP know who really owned the dog.

you are giving some really bad advice to the OP and anyone else who is reading this

If the OP knows her, then she also knows the OP. Who is to say they will not change their mind and want their dog and the puppies back? Who is to say they will not ask her for money for the pups as without a document stating the dogs have been transferred to her, they are not legally hers and the original owner can still claim posession. The OP might be lucky and trust that this stranger (the neighbour of a friend) might just disappear. Wouldnt be the first time that they don't though. The OP has put herself in a very difficult position legally.

Edited by espinay2

call me cynical (sp) but i dont know why the OP even asked for "advice" they will not take it...sounds like his old neighbours or whomever used to own said dog used to breed for profit and OP wants to to the same...

-from an unhealthy and timid bitch

-owning a dog aggressive dog

-left in a 'yard'

-a extra small breed cross with an unknown sire...

Sorry this spells kaos, but good luck with it all, you know it will prbably all go smoothly and everything will work out perfect...

Real breeders never have good luck... :banghead:

WOW, too many assumptions here, typical.....

Don't you think you are taking things a little too far in assuming that the OP is wanting to breed as a matter of habit? How do you know that the bitch is unhealthy? she may be timid and yes....this can be passed onto the puppies but that is not always the case.....personally I would opt to desex the bitch if she is not too advanced in the pregnancy, different story if she was advanced....I could not bring myself to do that then.

Owning an aggressive dog is a concern but where there is a will there is a way....and it is possible to ensure that the smaller dog is kept out of harm's way.

The one thing that I find totally exasperating is when people here with a firm opinion take it upon themselves to completely turn things around and literally make wild assumptions just to win a point, let's stick to the facts, shall we????

Edited by Moselle

If the knows the OP, the OP also knows her. who is to say they will not change their mind and want their dog and the puppies back? who is to say they will not ask her for money for the pups as without a document stating the dogs have been transferred to her, they are not legally hers and the original owner can still claim posession. The OP has put herself in a very difficult position legally.

yes and some of us have advised the OP on the correct process so there will be no excuses if the sh*t hits the fan

If the knows the OP, the OP also knows her. who is to say they will not change their mind and want their dog and the puppies back? who is to say they will not ask her for money for the pups as without a document stating the dogs have been transferred to her, they are not legally hers and the original owner can still claim posession. The OP has put herself in a very difficult position legally.

HENCE THAT IS WHY I SUGGESTED THAT PAPERWORK IS SIGNED THEREFORE ELIMINATING THOSE RISKS !! Heck, am I not clear enough :banghead:

The one thing that I find totally exasperating is when people here with a firm opinion take it upon themselves to completely turn things around and literally make wild assumptions just to win a point, let's stick to the facts, shall we????

Oh dear.. :banghead:

Moselle do you understand the difference between a "firm opinion" and the LAW?

call me cynical (sp) but i dont know why the OP even asked for "advice" they will not take it...sounds like his old neighbours or whomever used to own said dog used to breed for profit and OP wants to to the same...

-left in a 'yard'

Sorry this spells kaos, but good luck with it all, you know it will prbably all go smoothly and everything will work out perfect...

Don't you think you are taking things a little too far in assuming that the OP is wanting to breed as a matter of habit? How can you assume that the previous owner used to breed at all? How do you know that the bitch is unhealthy? she may be timid and yes....this can be passed onto the puppies but that is not always the case.....personally I would opt to desex the bitch if she is not too advanced in the pregnancy, different story if she was advanced....I could not bring myself to do that then.

Owning an aggressive dog is a concern but where there is a will there is a way....and it is possible to ensure that the smaller dog is kept out of harm's way.

unlike you who are so open minded and listens to reason :bottom::rofl::whee::rofl::eat::rofl:

Bet your sorry you asked now.

All I will advise is that if the dog has the puppies please desex them before they leave you ( & the mother ) & charge a small fee to the new homes. Any idiot will take a freebie & maybe breed from them.

There are several vets in SA that will desex at around 8 weeks & over a kilo weight. Simple & safe.

All I will advise is that if the dog has the puppies please desex them before they leave you ( & the mother ) & charge a small fee to the new homes. Any idiot will take a freebie & maybe breed from them.

There are several vets in SA that will desex at around 8 weeks & over a kilo weight. Simple & safe.

christina the OP has no idea about the sire of the pups and i think there is a huge health risk to the bitch not knowing this when the bitch is a small dog.

christina the OP has no idea about the sire of the pups and i think there is a huge health risk to the bitch not knowing this when the bitch is a small dog.

The OP has a fair idea it was one of the other small dogs owned by the people.

The OP is going to do what they want, despite the post here.

The OP is going to have to learn the hard way if things go wrong.

I hope the OP will desex whatever dogs survive.

At least then this cycle will not repeat itself.

Oh dear.. :bottom:

Moselle do you understand the difference between a "firm opinion" and the LAW?

You are missing the point Xavier. Do you understand that there is no law that forces people who no longer want to keep a dog to hand the dog over to the pound? A person has all the rights in the world to rehome a dog to whomever they wish and if the OP has the paperwork as proof that the dog was rehomed with him/her....THE LAW HAS NOT BEEN BROKEN. :banghead:

OP leave the thread and run for cover :banghead: gee I bet you are sorry you asked for help because the majority are making mountains out of a simple abandonment which in rescue happens on a daily basis.

Call a rescue group , get some advice for your state, which is really what I said before...and thank you for caring for this wee dog. Good luck.

The OP has a fair idea it was one of the other small dogs owned by the people.

The OP is going to do what they want, despite the post here.

The OP is going to have to learn the hard way if things go wrong.

I hope the OP will desex whatever dogs survive.

At least then this cycle will not repeat itself.

i hope you are right but i am not holding my breath

Read the OPs other posts earlier AND between the lines AND all past posts made by said person...he came here for advice, was given some great advice and has chosen to ignore it...(shrug) why would you pop out these pups in all the conditions he states except hoping to make a buck or two?

And BTW I NEVER usually enter these threads, Im just sick of people asking "should I" and then totally ignoring advice..I mean ffs why bother asking if you dont want to hear it.

-left in a 'yard'

Don't you think you are taking things a little too far in assuming that the OP is wanting to breed as a matter of habit? How do you know that the bitch is unhealthy? she may be timid and yes....this can be passed onto the puppies but that is not always the case.....personally I would opt to desex the bitch if she is not too advanced in the pregnancy, different story if she was advanced....I could not bring myself to do that then.

Edited by Missymoo

Read the OPs other posts earlier AND between the lines AND all past posts made by said person...he came here for advice, was given some great advice and has chosen to ignore it...(shrug) why would you pop out these pups in all the conditions he states except hoping to make a buck or two?

-left in a 'yard'

Perhaps the OP cannot bring him/herself to abort the pups? Comeon, lets not jump to too many conclusions.