Old Collie Rough Girl From Blacktown Pound

We went to Blacktown pound last Tuesday (her due date) to pick up this poor old girl and was told that a woman from Newcastle had put a tender on her but could not pick her up for a few days. Friday morning we got a call from the pound to say that the woman had taken her tender off Bonnie which meant that she spent 3 more than necessary nights in the pound :). She was crawling with fleas and so encrusted with flea dirt that she had to have 2 baths as it was so bad it was taking more than 1 hour at a time and she was just so over it, you could not see the skin on her legs for the flea dirt.

Took Bonnie to the vets yesterday and she has a massive tumor in her abdomen and is not long for this earth :mad I am so angry at the treatment of this lovely old girl, she is the most docile and loving creature that you could find and for her to be so neglected and discarded at this time in her life when she is dying is unforgiveable. They would have know that she was ill as she has massive folds of skin that look like bulbous growths from her losing weight so quickly.

She will stay with me for the rest of her days and is loving it in the country with the other Collies. She is eating well, unfortunately not house trained but isnt that what paper towel and mops are for.

I can only hope that people who had her before get the justice they deserve when their time comes.

Judy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't waste time, breath or effort trying to understand or hoping Bonnie's previous people will be visited by wrathful entities :mad. We will never understand.

Bonnie has you now and that is all that matters. I am sure animals live in the present and all she will know from now on is your love and care, a happy tummy, a soft warm bed and loving snuggles.

Well done.

Don't waste time, breath or effort trying to understand or hoping Bonnie's previous people will be visited by wrathful entities :mad. We will never understand.

Bonnie has you now and that is all that matters. I am sure animals live in the present and all she will know from now on is your love and care, a happy tummy, a soft warm bed and loving snuggles.

Well done.

I concur. And I wish there was a simultaneous crying and clapping emoticon because I would be using it now. Dearest Bonnie - so glad you are safe and comfy now, girl. XXXX

Here is a picture of Bonnie

bonniecollie9.JPG

God Bless the darling girl,what a dear soul.

She looks totally cotented and as if she is truly home.

God Bless you and others with such generous loving hearts.

CONTENTED I should say!

She is beautiful.

Don't waste time, breath or effort...... We will never understand.

Ain't that the truth MM!

Lassie come home - I thank you :(

Thank you for making Bonnie's days so comfortable and full of joy. She is so very, very lucky to have found you.

May you enjoy days full of sunshine and happiness for as long as it lasts.

:laugh: I cant beleive how callous people can be, poor Bonnie to be abandoned this late in her life

Thank dog you have rescued her, she looks right at home in your photo

May you have many wonderful days together

:( :(

Yay Judy, thank God you got sweet Bonnie. She'll have such a loving and happy time with you and your beautiful dogs.

She deserves so much more, wishing a giant pox on her former owners. Karma will come their way.

what a sad story, i agree, its no good trying to work out how or why people do what they do, all that matters now is that she is happy with you and your family and can remember love and happiness.

Tears of sadness and joy here,

She looks so content.

wonderful job. :( bless you.