Old Collie Rough Girl From Blacktown Pound

Here is a picture of Bonnie

bonniecollie9.JPG

I have always Cried watching the Movie "Lassie Come Home" :dummy:

I have it and its my bestest movie ever... I can watch the last scene over and over again and still cry over it like I have never seen it before. :dunce:

This "Dear" old dog "SO" reminds me of that film when she is found on that cold wet night in the mud. ( after swimming her way across from scotland)

Thank you soooooo much for giving her the time of day and the "LOVE" she so deserves.

:dunce:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a picture of Bonnie

bonniecollie9.JPG

I have always Cried watching the Movie "Lassie Come Home" :dummy:

I have it and its my bestest movie ever... I can watch the last scene over and over again and still cry over it like I have never seen it before. :dunce:

This "Dear" old dog "SO" reminds me of that film when she is found on that cold wet night in the mud. ( after swimming her way across from scotland)

Thank you soooooo much for giving her the time of day and the "LOVE" she so deserves.

:dunce:

Ditto on that..

I smiled too when I saw the pic...a happy soul she must be now with you.

Thank you

Bonnie is eating everything I am giving her, which is 3 small and 1 large meal a day and this morning I started her on Puppy food just to at least try to get some weight on her as I am sure that she will feel better if we can just to get a covering on her ribs. She slept beside my bed last night mixed in with the sea of Collies that sleep there everynight :eek:

She now has kennel cough on top of everything else, poor baby :eek:

Bonnie is eating everything I am giving her, which is 3 small and 1 large meal a day and this morning I started her on Puppy food just to at least try to get some weight on her as I am sure that she will feel better if we can just to get a covering on her ribs. She slept beside my bed last night mixed in with the sea of Collies that sleep there everynight :)

She now has kennel cough on top of everything else, poor baby :thumbsup:

Poor bub. Good to hear she is eating well though. :clap:

Bonnie is eating everything I am giving her, which is 3 small and 1 large meal a day and this morning I started her on Puppy food just to at least try to get some weight on her as I am sure that she will feel better if we can just to get a covering on her ribs. She slept beside my bed last night mixed in with the sea of Collies that sleep there everynight :)

She now has kennel cough on top of everything else, poor baby :thumbsup:

Oops double post. Sorry :clap:

Edited by k9angel

Bonnie is eating everything I am giving her, which is 3 small and 1 large meal a day and this morning I started her on Puppy food just to at least try to get some weight on her as I am sure that she will feel better if we can just to get a covering on her ribs. She slept beside my bed last night mixed in with the sea of Collies that sleep there everynight :D

Some people don't have to be in Heaven, to be in Heaven. I can't imagine anything more heavenly than to have a sea of Collies beside the bed....with this glorious girl in the middle. Bless you for caring for her. You've got a gem!

When my tib had a bad trot after a food intolerance recently, the (vet approved) foods that stuck to her ribs, were lightly cooked chicken breast, basmati rice, Farex baby plain rice cereal (has iron, Vit C & antioxidants in it) mixed with cooked sweet potato (vet said it's a highly nutritious staple) omelets, tuna in springwater & yoghurt. With a sprinkling of physillium husk for a healthy ride thro'. With this, she held her normal weight against the odds.

We recently lost a foster that was palliative care from the start, but was absolutely so worthwhile.

I can remember one morning, this little one in bed with me, snug and warm...she looked up at me and if she could have said 'I love you' she would have. We had wonderful support from our rescue group and we cried like babies when the time came to let her go. But she died in my arms with so much love, while I told her what a good girl she was and I'm sure that was the memory she took with her.

Thank you everyone for your words of support to Bonnie, this lovely girl is such a beautiful old lady, She has settled in here so well and follows me everywhere. Her eyesight is failing and if I move too far away from her she thinks I have gone and she barks non-stop until she can see or hear me. The other Collies are so good with her, it is as if they know she is ill and only has a short time with us so they treat her so gently.

There is nothing wrong with her appetite and nothing she doesn't eat, paws x'd it stays that way for her. I cook pasta, meat and vegetables every night and she just loves the warm meal and also my vegemite on toast which I share with her as she puts her head on my lap when I am eating, so I cant resist can I ;)

Its always so hard losing the golden oldies that come to us near the end of their lives as they are such special souls and I know I want to try to make it up to them for the abuse and neglect that they have suffered in their short life :(

Lovely girl that she is! She's really enjoying her forever home. So good her appetite is hearty. The flesh will come back to those ribs!

When our elderly sheltie went gradually blind, I used to leave something on his day bed that strongly had my scent on it.

Update pics will always be welcome. :(

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay but here is a recent picture of Miss Bonnie. She has put weight on and yesterday after she had eaten her breakfast, little Keelie went over to see if there was a morsel of something on the floor and Bonnie thought Keelie was getting something she had left behind and Bonnie flattened her. It was hilarious, poor Keelie was stunned at being attacked by the old grandmother :mad

post-3159-1296116650_thumb.jpg

I cant believe how well she is doing for someone with cancer and for that reason I never thought I could get some weight on her , she is beautiful and truly amazing :)

There have been a couple of times where one of the other Collies have run into her and knocked her over as they have turned to chase a ball and she has been right in their path, well she goes after them and grabs a mouthful of their fur and has such a cranky look on her face, it's so funny watching her seek revenge :eek: