Other Pharmaceutical Grade Glucosamine

Hello! Well I had a rough time ordering Synflex from America (was fine last time) my 3 bottles were not in the postage bag in our work mail box the bag had a split on the side and was empty :mad

So I feel very paranoid buying it from America again! But Synflex really helped Shyla a year ago.

Is there any other Pharmaceutical grade Glucosamine products that are safe for dogs as well as humans available in OZ? Can any human ones be used on dogs, or only if they say? We have gone through a tub of Sashas Blend but I didn't find it anywhere near as good as the Synflex, so was wondering if anyone has other suggestions available in Australia :)

Is there any other supplement I should be giving if I am giving glucosamine - Does it effect the balance of anything else when administered regularly?

Synflex is available in Australia thru this crowd OZ Synflex Supplier as I actually contacted them back in October about putting my boys with arthritis on it and I was enquired about the container size and dosage for my boys. I thought I might try it myself :mad as I am on Glucosamine for a bad knee

Did you order it directly from the US to get it cheaper or did you not know about dogcancer.net.au being the Australian distributor. I actually forgot all about it as I actually placed an order for a new tub of Jointguard a few days ago, but I was originally planning on trying the Synflex when I had used up the container of Jointguard. I have had my boys on Jointguard for a few years now and they also have 6monthly Cartrophen injections. I may order some of the Synflex anyway and maybe try one of the boys on it and myself :)

http://www.dogcancer.net.au/dog-arthritis-synflex.php

Synflex is available in Australia thru this crowd OZ Synflex Supplier as I actually contacted them back in October about putting my boys with arthritis on it and I was enquired about the container size and dosage for my boys. I thought I might try it myself :mad as I am on Glucosamine for a bad knee

Did you order it directly from the US to get it cheaper or did you not know about dogcancer.net.au being the Australian distributor. I actually forgot all about it as I actually placed an order for a new tub of Jointguard a few days ago, but I was originally planning on trying the Synflex when I had used up the container of Jointguard. I have had my boys on Jointguard for a few years now and they also have 6monthly Cartrophen injections. I may order some of the Synflex anyway and maybe try one of the boys on it and myself :)

Thanks thats awesome!! I did come across that link but it just looked like an article and not a place to order off (I get lazy sometimes to read things properly :laugh:)

So do they send you a paypal invoice or something for you to pay via?

*Excited*

Synflex is available in Australia thru this crowd OZ Synflex Supplier as I actually contacted them back in October about putting my boys with arthritis on it and I was enquired about the container size and dosage for my boys. I thought I might try it myself :( as I am on Glucosamine for a bad knee

Did you order it directly from the US to get it cheaper or did you not know about dogcancer.net.au being the Australian distributor. I actually forgot all about it as I actually placed an order for a new tub of Jointguard a few days ago, but I was originally planning on trying the Synflex when I had used up the container of Jointguard. I have had my boys on Jointguard for a few years now and they also have 6monthly Cartrophen injections. I may order some of the Synflex anyway and maybe try one of the boys on it and myself :(

Thanks thats awesome!! I did come across that link but it just looked like an article and not a place to order off (I get lazy sometimes to read things properly :laugh:)

So do they send you a paypal invoice or something for you to pay via?

*Excited*

OK this is the link to their product listing and pricing and I think you have to order by contacting them thru their Contact Us option or email to: [email protected]

Product List & Pricing

Below is the the detail I received in the email from them in response to my email.

The bottles are 8 fluid ounces, and the companys dosage chart says for a dog 40 to 100 llb,the bottle would last 2 months.

The 1st bottle is $45 to cover express post, and any other bottles travelling in the parcel, are $35 each. It takes 2 days for delivery.

dogcancer.net.au is where I purchased mine from. They had brilliant service and I had it in 2 days. It is the human one as the dog one can't be imported by dogcancer.net.au into Australia due to customs regulations on one of the ingredients in it. When I priced it from America, even with the good Aussie dollar it was the same price as buying it from Australia :(

dogcancer.net.au is where I purchased mine from. They had brilliant service and I had it in 2 days. It is the human one as the dog one can't be imported by dogcancer.net.au into Australia due to customs regulations on one of the ingredients in it. When I priced it from America, even with the good Aussie dollar it was the same price as buying it from Australia :(

Yay! I'll definitely go through them then :( Yea I noticed the beef flavour dog one can't get imported so thats why I tried ordering the normal human one. Oh well I'm sure they will arrive from this place OK!

Synflex is available in Australia thru this crowd OZ Synflex Supplier as I actually contacted them back in October about putting my boys with arthritis on it and I was enquired about the container size and dosage for my boys. I thought I might try it myself :( as I am on Glucosamine for a bad knee

Did you order it directly from the US to get it cheaper or did you not know about dogcancer.net.au being the Australian distributor. I actually forgot all about it as I actually placed an order for a new tub of Jointguard a few days ago, but I was originally planning on trying the Synflex when I had used up the container of Jointguard. I have had my boys on Jointguard for a few years now and they also have 6monthly Cartrophen injections. I may order some of the Synflex anyway and maybe try one of the boys on it and myself :(

Hi Labsrule, The 6 monthly cartrophen injections your boys get, is that a booster injection after having the course of 4 injections over a month? Sophie is now 13 and had a course of 4 injections in May, one back leg is letting her down so I think she needs further treatment.I read they like to give boosters at 12 months. I,m hesitant to put her on other medication because of her previous cancer history.

She is on a human grade Glucosamine/Condroiton tablet daily crushed up in milk daily.

Hi Labsrule, The 6 monthly cartrophen injections your boys get, is that a booster injection after having the course of 4 injections over a month? Sophie is now 13 and had a course of 4 injections in May, one back leg is letting her down so I think she needs further treatment.I read they like to give boosters at 12 months. I,m hesitant to put her on other medication because of her previous cancer history.

She is on a human grade Glucosamine/Condroiton tablet daily crushed up in milk daily.

No it is not a booster shot, essentially every six months, they have another course of 4 injections over a 4 week period. Sounds like Sophie may need to be on 6monthly, given that her course of injections was back in May and you are noticing a problem with one of her back legs. If you decide to put her on another course of them then she will need the 4 x 4 and same every six months if that is the frequency you decide on. :laugh: Is sophie your girl with the Hemangiosarcoma?

Synflex is available in Australia thru this crowd OZ Synflex Supplier as I actually contacted them back in October about putting my boys with arthritis on it and I was enquired about the container size and dosage for my boys. I thought I might try it myself :dunce: as I am on Glucosamine for a bad knee

Did you order it directly from the US to get it cheaper or did you not know about dogcancer.net.au being the Australian distributor. I actually forgot all about it as I actually placed an order for a new tub of Jointguard a few days ago, but I was originally planning on trying the Synflex when I had used up the container of Jointguard. I have had my boys on Jointguard for a few years now and they also have 6monthly Cartrophen injections. I may order some of the Synflex anyway and maybe try one of the boys on it and myself :dunce:

No it is not a booster shot, essentially every six months, they have another course of 4 injections over a 4 week period. Sounds like Sophie may need to be on 6monthly, given that her course of injections was back in May and you are noticing a problem with one of her back legs. If you decide to put her on another course of them then she will need the 4 x 4 and same every six months if that is the frequency you decide on. :laugh: Is sophie your girl with the Hemangiosarcoma?

Yes, Sophie is the one who had Hemangiosarcoma. She turned 13 in Oct, old age is catching up with her but basically for a GSD she is doing pretty good. She is very fussy about what and when she eats these day :dummy:

It looks like a trip to the vet, believe it or not she likes going there.

Edited by dianed

Synflex is available in Australia thru this crowd OZ Synflex Supplier as I actually contacted them back in October about putting my boys with arthritis on it and I was enquired about the container size and dosage for my boys. I thought I might try it myself :dunce: as I am on Glucosamine for a bad knee

Did you order it directly from the US to get it cheaper or did you not know about dogcancer.net.au being the Australian distributor. I actually forgot all about it as I actually placed an order for a new tub of Jointguard a few days ago, but I was originally planning on trying the Synflex when I had used up the container of Jointguard. I have had my boys on Jointguard for a few years now and they also have 6monthly Cartrophen injections. I may order some of the Synflex anyway and maybe try one of the boys on it and myself :laugh:

No it is not a booster shot, essentially every six months, they have another course of 4 injections over a 4 week period. Sounds like Sophie may need to be on 6monthly, given that her course of injections was back in May and you are noticing a problem with one of her back legs. If you decide to put her on another course of them then she will need the 4 x 4 and same every six months if that is the frequency you decide on. :) Is sophie your girl with the Hemangiosarcoma?

Yes, Sophie is the one who had Hemangiosarcoma. She turned 13 in Oct, old age is catching up with her but basically for a GSD she is doing pretty good. She is very fussy about what and when she eats these day :dunce:

It looks like a trip to the vet, believe it or not she likes going there.

Even though old age may be catching up with her, it is so great to hear that she is still around and you are so lucky to have her despite the fact that she had Hemangiosarcoma, as you know this horrible cancer took my beloved boy :) Hope she continues to do well and yes I can believe she likes going to the vet as my Labs are the same, they have always loved going to the vets because they see it as a social occasion with lots of pats and attention :rofl: Hope Sophie continues to well :dummy:

Thanks Labsrule, I often think of you and what happened with Fitzy. We had a trip to the vet today and have started Sophie on another course of Cartrophen injections. The vet who operated on her checked her out and said her heart & teeth are both fine for an old girl!

This may interest you Shelle seeing you have a young dog. The vet told me they have treated 3 dogs recently with stem cell therapy for arthritis. One was a 2yo with bad hips the other had a deformed leg. She said the results are amazing and very promising. The 3rd one hasn't come back yet.

Thanks Labsrule, I often think of you and what happened with Fitzy. We had a trip to the vet today and have started Sophie on another course of Cartrophen injections. The vet who operated on her checked her out and said her heart & teeth are both fine for an old girl!

This may interest you Shelle seeing you have a young dog. The vet told me they have treated 3 dogs recently with stem cell therapy for arthritis. One was a 2yo with bad hips the other had a deformed leg. She said the results are amazing and very promising. The 3rd one hasn't come back yet.

Really! Thanks that sounds very interesting! I'll do some googling :wave:

Really! Thanks that sounds very interesting! I'll do some googling :eek:

I googled to, its very interesting. Gives hope to other illnesses further down the track. Who knows one day our gsd kids may live longer than 12-13 yo :thumbsup:

Getting products in is pot luck sometimes, I used to order products from a New Zealand company and was successful for quite a while and then suddenly had things seized so lost a fair bit of money. My boy was 7 then with elbow and hip displaysia and i was trying fish oil, glucosamine, techniflex, sashas blend (not all at once obviously) but experimented a bit to find anything to help him with no great results. I looked into the stem cell treatments but my vet wasnt convincing of the results I could be guaranteed and said that there was no guarantee that harm would not be done since it was a relatively new treatment which put me off. I now have a great animal chiropractor and my boy is on no supplements or pain killers, has just turned 10 and walks perfectly. I hope you find a way to get results like I have, sometimes trying different things you just strike it lucky!