~millie My Precious Velvet Girl~

PeiLuvR

I am so sorry for your loss of your special girl Millie! :) You must be absolutely devastated. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I'm also saying a special prayer for Sarge as he struggles to cope with the loss of his best friend. :) RIP beautiful girl Millie! :)

I would like to acknowledge THE WERRIBEE UNIVERSITY OF VETERINARY.

From the very first day of having brought Millie home from the 'breeder' THEY HAVE BEEN AMAZING. I have huge thanx to those vets and nurses who have helped Millie throughout her life and also to the Emergency Department Staff that worked so quickly and effortlessly last Tuesday and Wednesday.

Steve, Ben, Carol, Jesame, Melanie, Jane, Adrian, Rob, Calista - THANK U from the bottom of my heart. :D

Lastnite, my Dad and I took the sombre (much slower) journey back to the Emergency Dept.

We collected My Millicent, her precious body to bring home.

It was traumatic and emotional the whole way there and waiting for her to be brought out :)

It was EXTRAORDINARY - i hav never seen anything like it... I was fearful at first and then they wheeled the trolley out.. MY PRECIOUS MILLICENT had been prepared in the most PERFECT and very fitting way possible :

A BURGUNDY SILK KIMONO STYLE BAG, fitted with a GOLDEN TASSLE!

So well suited to my special black China Doll. I could not believe my eyes :)

As we drove home - Dad said "Is this for real? Did u pay extra for the luxurious 'QUEEN' service or sumthing?"

We both managed a smile and even a laugh! We had Mill with us and we were so happy to be taking her home, to her home, to say goodbye for the last time.

We took a drive down to the river and drove past the softball fields where we have our walks.

Once home, we laid Millie to rest in my Mum's rose garden. With her collars, tags, leash, harness seatbelt, bowl and puppy ball. We sprinkled rose petals and filled her grave.

My own closure is much 'closer' and bearable now.

Millicent now Resting peacefully at home where she belongs. :):laugh:

My parents organized for an artist to visit Millie whilst being held at the vet.. The lady creates moulds for babies hands and feet as well as the occasional 'dogs paw'

I am very greatful for this. It will be a very special 'keepsake'

Millie's front paws have been moulded and sculptured to keep as a special memory of her.

The paws hav been professionally made using sculpting material and silver.

The complete frame, photo, and paws should be ready in a couple of weeks :rofl:

I am coming to terms with having lost her, but it isn't easy.

I had bought new Christmas headbands and Halo's to take xmas photo's of Mill & Sarge but hadn't taken the photo's yet :s I'm kicking myself for missing one last xmas photo shoot.. I will try and take Sargey's xmas pic at sum stage..

Mill's 6th Birthday would have been on Jan 12th ;) Its going to be strange to not celebrate it :rofl:

But i hav to be strong for Sarge.. maybe i will make him a cake instead.

Everyday is so hard without her :D :)

Its taking time to cum to terms with her not being here :vomit: Her smell, her twinkly eyes, her luscious velvet head and little ears, her warm body and nudging against me...

Sarge is still very weepy, and i am going to get his eyes looked at, they are terribly watery and look sore more than the usual bit of tears.

The other day i played a series of Photo's on our big screen TV. Sarge was glued to the screen and staring profusely as the Millie slide show went from picture to picture.

HE CAN SEE HER and HE IS VERY AWARE that sumthing terrible has happened. He KNOWS she is gone. He was even licking a photograph of her this morning, a photo taken of Millie last Xmas.

WE had this same picture on out Xmas Dinner table.

I miss her everyday, i wish she was here with me, but she isn't.

i hope youre getting through ok

ok is all you can really hope for in this new raw period of grieving

many of us have lost heartdogs

and it is inevitable that all of us will again ...and again

our love for animals is amazing is it not?

what a beautiful wonderful connection we have with our beloved pets

go easy

• 2 weeks later...

Birthday rememberance...

My Milla Gorilla 'should have' celebrated her 6th Birthday today :hug:

Oh how i wish She were here... Sarge is missing u.. I am thinking of u each day xxxxxx Forever my beautiful black baby

Edited by PeiLuvR

• 10 months later...

Today, on this day, 12 months ago -

It was the worst day, so painful and frightening. I was scared and praying for a miracle.

It has been a whole year without her :( A whole year without my baby girl, my beautiful little Milla. Its still very hard, she was my heart dog, my black dog, my strength, my best friend. I will cherish her memory forever and talk of her often. May Millie be watching and waiting for me in many years to come.. Love to my precious precious girl xxxxxxx

PeiLuvR, my heart goes out to you. Millie will be running free at the bridge with Tango :heart: and all the other heart dogs who have been waiting to play.

stay strong, think loving thoguhts and the pain will eventually subside, and the joy of having known such a wonderful soul will always be there, bittersweet, but with happiness rather than sadness......:kissbetter:

Edited by TangerineDream

Such sadness. Thank you are sharing your heartfelt feelings with us all. Im sure many here have had the experience of losing their ♥ dog, certainly know what its like to grieve for a loved one. Time does heal the hurts but in the interim expressing it is such an important part of the journey. I offer my condolences to you at this time. When I lost my heart dog I held onto tis quote "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" Hold on to the blessings Millie brought to your life. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Birthday rememberance...

My Milla Gorilla 'should have' celebrated her 6th Birthday today :hug:

Oh how i wish She were here... Sarge is missing u.. I am thinking of u each day xxxxxx Forever my beautiful black baby

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: