What Would Your Dog/s Prefer...a Big Meaty Bone Or A Walk?

fainty_girl

What would your dog/s prefer...a big meaty bone or a walk?

This evening my mum gave Tilly a nice big lamb shank just before I was going to take the dogs out for a run. I tried telling Tilly to drop it, but she wouldn't and I my mum said "good luck...she's a dog". So I went and grabbed the chuck-it ball thrower that we take to the park and I showed it to Tilly. She didn't need any convincing then, she ran straight outside, flew down a flight of stairs without even touching them and jumped into the car.

When we came home after a run she didn't want her lamb shank, and instead she took herself to the lounge where the dogs are told to wait when I get their dinners or anything prepared for them.

They deffinatly prefer a bone. They will leave it if I tell them too but otherwise they prefer a bone over anything else. Even if a bird (very, very high on their distraction list) lands right beside them, nup, they will glance at it and carry on with their bone.

Actually, Bonnie's tug toy holds higher value to her than a bone but thats it.

Luda (the whippet) would prefer a big meaty bone over most things in life.

Banjo (the muttly) would prefer a walk over most things if life :-P

They are both very different. Luda is completely food motivated where Banjie doesn’t care much for food- absolutely loves his toys and walks though.

Walk. As awesome as bones are, who knows what enormous fun I could get up to without them? As far as Kivi goes, he doesn't normally have to choose. He's so bloody talented at finding carcasses when we're out walking he usually gets both. :cry:

When Sasha has a big meaty bone, and I call her to go for a walk... she picks up her bone and happily carries it to the garage door, waiting for her lead to head off.

So... I think Sash likes the best of both worlds and doesn't like to have to decide.

I have to make the decision for her by telling her she can't take her bone for a walk, and to go and put it back... which she does begrudgingly.

It's very cute though :cry:

Both the poodles would prefer a walk over anything, they get so excited when the collars come out of the cupboard!

The Crested however would take food over anything else, it doesn't have to be a meaty bone, any food will do.

My dog (Rottie) would definitely take the walk over a bone any day! A walk is the best thing on earth to her. She goes crazy with joy the moment we even lay a finger on her leash.

Although I've had dogs before whom I'm pretty sure would much rather stay home chewing away on a bone rather than huffing and puffing off on a good walk!

Edited by silentchild