Should I Be Worried?

Danielle

We moved to a new property about three months ago and ever since our dogs have been devouring grass like it's going out of fashion. They are still on the same diet they have always been on, they seem to be acting normally and toileting normally, it's just the level of grass they are eating is concerning me. All four of them are doing it and are eating it like it's steak, full on hoing down on it like a bunch of bovines! I reckon they are eating a few handfuls each per sitting, it's a bit unsettling.

Our water is different out here, we are on rain water and used to be on bore water. Could that have something to do with it?

They are on vitamin supps so I'm assuming it's not a deficiency. What could make all four dogs turn into lawn mowers? I'm considering a vet visit to be sure everything is ok. Could it be as simple as they like the taste of the different grass out here ?

Could well be that they like the grass. All our dogs have eaten grass, and seem to enjoy it. We've had them checked by vets, and they're all fine. Apparently some dogs just like it, and I've noticed it's particular grasses they like.

If you are worried, talk to the vet, but ours are fine.

Luda eats so much grass! As soon as she gets let out in the morning she is off munching grass. Its quite funny because Banjo stands beside her and appears to want some of what she is having and tastes it and the look of disgust on his face makes me laugh everytime.

I think it goes straight through her though cause there is always tons in her poop.