Phillip Island Dog Friendly Beaches

thomo84

Hi Everyone,

I have tried finding it on the websites but didn't have much luck so i rang the council of the area and i have to ring back on Monday which will be too late.

Would anyone know if there are dog friendly beaches on Phillip Island that are all year round? as we want to take our puppy down there, tomorrow, Monday 12th December.

Thanks

Ventnor beach has a leash free dog section that is great. When you enter the car park near the toilets you can see it clearly sign posted off lead dogs to the right of the signage and to the left on leash but I am not sure what hours if any apply to the onlead section. We had a great time at the off lead a couple of weeks ago there is rocky areas to explore and my dogs loved the waves.I think the name of the road we went down was Ventnor beach road which turns into a gravel car park at end. There is a play ground area and toilets so it is great. If you have a puppy I would keep it on lead probably as the water was reasonably deep for dogs not too far out and there are waves... It is chilly too if it is a cooler day. We went on a 28 degree day and it was perfect.

I think those restrictions over Summer are fairly new, as I joined a facebook group opposing them during this last year sometime.

Ventnor beach is lovely, it's a shame it can't be an off-lead dog beach year round. I would think if people wanted to swim they'd go to the SLSC beach on the other side.