Weird Eating Habits?

halfthewords

Does anyone else have dogs with odd eating habits?

Carl and Mischa both like to catch a bit of sun before they get into their chicken...lucky they don't steal off each other. :thumbsup: That is going to be a problem when I leave to pick my friend up from the airport while it's still dark tomorrow morning! Today I found Mischa stashing her chicken in a big pile of leaves and dirt...I washed it off and she still wanted it. :D

After food, Carl rolls around on the carpet/grass and groans and grumbles in what I assume is contentment. :) Mischa rubs her face/neck on the floor and happy sighs.

Edited by Hanna Gibbs

When we are eating dinner we always share a good portion of our dinner with the doglets :-P

Luda eats our offerings like a vacume before almost before it even leaves our plate lol. Banjie is so annoying he takes food so slowly and carefully and he is a real snob to most things. Sometimes he takes a peice of food and then just drops it and continues begging for more of the thing that wasn't good enough for him lol

There is this small hole in the backyard that Luda has dug and she is always putting things in there- her toys, rubbish she finds, sticks, and bits of food haha. She doesnt cover it or anything. Its like she dug it just to have a spot to put her things :-P

Come 5pm, Smooch asks for his dinner, I warm up his food in the microwave (all home cooked meals, won't eat dog food lol), give him half a turkey neck and his food. He jumps onto the lounge eats the turkey neck than half his meal, when we finish eating he checks for left overs and than finishes off his meal. He must have his turkey neck first, without it he won't touch his dinner. During the day if he wants a treat he will bark and run to the pantry and will continue this until you get up and get him the treat he wants, not any treat will do, it has to be the one he wants.

Kivi likes to lay his chicken wings out next to each other before he decides which one he's going to eat first. When he gets his mince with a dollop of yoghurt, sometimes he manages to eat all the meat and leave the yoghurt until last, and other times he eats it first. I love watching him eat. He always approaches it in a quite measured manner.

Erik just devours anything put in front of him. He has been known to swallow chicken wings whole. He always throws them up a few moments later, though, and if dogs can feel regret, I'm pretty sure he does. We ended up switching to chicken necks as a result.

You washed off the chicken?? They're dogs! They eat bones caked in dirt, i don't think it would have bothered her! Mine just get told too bad you made the mess if you want it you eat it!!

My boys don't have any weird habits really.. although if i feed a particular brand of kibble, Bundy will stand and glare at the bowl while drooling for a few mins before eating, even if he's already been released to eat.. It's only that brand.

My two have a race as to who can finish their's the fastest! But they wont come back inside until they have both finished and until they have both had a drink! Sweet realy :laugh:

They also eat their biscuits in order of shapes, first the bones, then the triangles etc! I'm very OCD about my food and it looks like I have passed it on :laugh: