Getting Puppy To Sleep Not On The Bed Help Please :)

kitkatswing

invest in ear plugs :rofl: ;)

I agree with the others.. if you are intending your very cute pup to be an outside dog, then you shouldn't be letting him in your room at all. It would confuse the little one.

Put him in the laundry first because 8 weeks is still very young for him to stay outside.

Good luck.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahah...

Well I do plan on desexing him as soon as he is old enough... (Hope thats the right answer!) :wave:

He is already microchipped, got him done on Saturday.. (That broke my heart hearing him yelp.) Although he was fine two seconds later when he got a treat.

Hahahahah...

Well I do plan on desexing him as soon as he is old enough... (Hope thats the right answer!) :wave:

He is already microchipped, got him done on Saturday.. (That broke my heart hearing him yelp.) Although he was fine two seconds later when he got a treat.

Right answer but the debate is mainly on what is "old enough". :eek:

Hahahahah...

Well I do plan on desexing him as soon as he is old enough... (Hope thats the right answer!) ;)

Right answer but the debate is mainly on what is "old enough". :D

:wave:

If microchipping breaks your heart.. you wait till he gets desexed... You *really* won't want to leave him outside then :eek: Gawd that was the worst week of dog ownership I swear!!

Hahahahah...

Well I do plan on desexing him as soon as he is old enough... (Hope thats the right answer!) ;)

Right answer but the debate is mainly on what is "old enough". :D

:wave:

If microchipping breaks your heart.. you wait till he gets desexed... You *really* won't want to leave him outside then :eek: Gawd that was the worst week of dog ownership I swear!!

Hahaha well (dare I say it) at 5-6 months we will get him done (ducks for cover)as that was what the Vet suggested...

He wont be a happy boy when that happens, might have to leave hubby home to deal with him. Although it will be me he comes too.

Hi there, I ve just read the three pages here and one thing I am curious on is why does your pup eventaully need to be an outside dog? Do you have a specific reason for wanting him to be an outside dog?

I don't think there is anything wrong with dogs being outside, mine are inside outside but do sleep inside and would prefer to be inside. I think as long as you have good training in place dogs can live inside quite harmoniously with humans without a problem.

In regards to the crate, I was anti crate till I got my youngest dog. With my first 3 I never needed or had to use a crate for any of them, it was all smooth sailing till the youngest came along, he benifited and needed a crate and still now at nearly 3 sleeps in his crate. I lasted 2 days without a crate with him and at my wits end went and got one and never looked back.

Mine also all sleep in my room and we wouldn't have it any other way. :wave:

Hahaha well (dare I say it) at 5-6 months we will get him done (ducks for cover)as that was what the Vet suggested...

He wont be a happy boy when that happens, might have to leave hubby home to deal with him. Although it will be me he comes too.

You might be suprised, mine all bounced back really quickly from desexing, and all were done between 5 - 6 months.

By the way meant to say in my first post, your puppy is adorable!

Honestly? The reason we want him outside as dogs belong outside.. (Yes, thats mine and hubbys opinions)...

Why? I'm not having a go at you. I'm just a bit perplexed as to how people conclude that a social animal is best kept socially isolated from company? :wave:

JRTs were bred to run with hounds and were kept with hounds in kennels. They were never kept in kennels ALONE.

I am sure there are lots of people with the same views as you.

My view is dogs are pack animals and do best in pack situatons. They thrive on company and being in social settings with other dogs and humans alike.

I guess for me I get so much joy out of being so close to my lot, not saying you won't with having an outside dog but when they are inside you do interact with them more.

Honestly? The reason we want him outside as dogs belong outside.. (Yes, thats mine and hubbys opinions)...

Why? I'm not having a go at you. I'm just a bit perplexed as to how people conclude that a social animal is best kept socially isolated from company? :wave:

JRTs were bred to run with hounds and were kept with hounds in kennels. They were never kept in kennels ALONE.

I dont like animals inside all the time mainly. Look, really I think this pup has kinda stolen my husbands heart and he may end up inside a lot more often then not. But we dont want him inside all the time. Apart from the constant cleaning of the hair etc, I just dont want him inside 24/7...

I really cant give a better answer then that. Yes all dogs are social animals, but all dogs I know are outside dogs, some on their own, some with a mate. Maui will be fine. Hubs works from home all day so not like he is alone..

If you really want to go down that track, dogs were not meant to be pets either, not way back when, same with all domestic animals. People have domesticated them... But I dont want to get into that argument.

I am sure there are lots of people with the same views as you.

My view is dogs are pack animals and do best in pack situatons. They thrive on company and being in social settings with other dogs and humans alike.

I guess for me I get so much joy out of being so close to my lot, not saying you won't with having an outside dog but when they are inside you do interact with them more.

Thank you.

Each person is different and has different ideas.

You could say the same for babies! Poepl ehave HUGE differing opinions on them. None of them are wrong, they are all just different.