Maryborough New Years Who's Going?

Jsk

I know there's a few people going to Maryborough, so its looking to be a great show!

Who's going and when are you heading up there?

We are going up on Friday, hopefully it wont be too hot or wet!!

Edited by Josuki

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for anyone who isnt on ozshow (crosspost)

To any of the Group 2 exhibtors showing at Maryborough 1st and 2nd January 2011. This was just posted on Ozshow... Please pass onto all group 2 exhibtors

Because we received too many entries for Ring 1 in the championship shows we have put group 2 into ring 4. Saturday 1st Ring 4 - Mr P McNamara staring 5pm

Sunday 2nd Ring 4 - Mr D Bro...okes.starting 10.30am

If the weather does not clear up straight away, and it seems that we are still in for more rain, I don't think any of us will get there anyway!!!! :p

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :):xmasrudolph:

Dont say that! I am so looking forward to it and havent had a show in a month.

I just spoke to MArilyn and she said the show will go on! So thats a Woo Hoo. :)

Yeah I know things can change but hoping it doesnt.

Marilyn said basically only if the show grounds go under will it be called off.

I'm hoping that I can get out of my driveway! It is flowing!! I'm glad we are on a sloping block.

From Pam Sleep on Ozshow.

Hi everyone

I have just had an update from the show grounds manager, our rings in front of our canteen are still out of water but the parking area across from the rings are under water. The campers that were going to arrive on Wednesday please postpone your arrival. The camping area at the top of the hill has also got boggy areas. The best place to camp is where the side show alley is situated.

We will go out to the showgrounds on Wednesday afternoon to assess the situation. We might have to find higher grounds for the rings but then we have problem with lights.

Hopefully tomorrow night we will have more information for you.

Please forward this on to other exhibitors.

Cheers Pam

I have just had an update from the show grounds manager, our rings in front of our canteen are still out of water but the parking area across from the rings are under water. The campers that were going to arrive on Wednesday please postpone your arrival. The camping area at the top of the hill has also got boggy areas. The best place to camp is where the side show alley is situated.

We will go out to the showgrounds on Wednesday afternoon to assess the situation. We might have to find higher grounds for the rings but then we have problem with lights.

Hopefully tomorrow night we will have more information for you.

Please forward this on to other exhibitors.

Cheers Pam

I think for safety the show should be cancelled, even if they go ahead there

will be more absentees than participants, most of the areas are cut with some

sort of water, come on committee just cancel, lives are more important than

shows in my opinion any way.

Narelle

I think for safety the show should be cancelled, even if they go ahead there

will be more absentees than participants, most of the areas are cut with some

sort of water, come on committee just cancel, lives are more important than

shows in my opinion any way.

Narelle

Well said Narelle i think show should be cancelled. There is way too many people that would have risk and its not worth it

Well said Narelle i think show should be cancelled. There is way too many people that would have risk and its not worth it

People will only have risks IF they put themselves in that situation, lets be honest no one is making them put themselves in risky situations.

As someone said on Ozshow the club would have already contracted judges and probably paid out money, so I can understand them not wanting to cancel just yet.

Edited by Josuki

If it *does* go on, please everyone check the route you will travel by against reported flooded areas or at risk areas and do not try and drive through flood waters - rescue services are being pushed hard by people taking risks, not understanding or acurately guaging the dangers of rising flood waters and debris - make sure you can get there safely and GET BACK safely.

Edited by Kissindra