Stupidly Said Yes To Nephew...

jr_inoz

I took some nice photos of my nephew and his fiance and so they asked me to take their wedding photos.

I said no.

They kept asking - they were really broke and were going to rely on family with point and shoots.

We sat down and I told them what I couldn't do.... (amateur and all that and I don't have the software on this computer to do anything much apart from crop on it)

I ended up saying yes. Came onto the forum and whilst reading through for tips, came across the thread that said dont do it... felt even more nervous after that - but huge thanks to Ashanali for the links you had put in that thread - they were so helpful for me in planning what I needed to do and what types of shots to consider.

Things went ok on the day and they are really happy with their photos.

Here are a couple of them...

far from perfect, I know...

(love my 50mm lens)

IMG_4541.jpg

IMG_4443.jpg

IMG_4454.jpg

Well done, gorgeous photos!

I did a wedding for a friend once after saying no repeatedly I finally relented. The pics I took on the day turned out ok and tey were happy with them which was the main thing. But I will NEVER do another wedding, just not the sort of photography I am into and also way too nerve racking! :laugh: Give me a dog any day!

It looks like you caught tears - bonus points! :laugh:

even more tears here.... (mum came out of hospital for the wedding and has a big patch over her right eye)

IMG_4508.jpg

tlc - never going to do another wedding - way way way too stressful. Ashanali - I don't know how you do it!

tlc - never going to do another wedding - way way way too stressful. Ashanali - I don't know how you do it!

I agree - I take my hat off to anyone who does weddings!!!!!! I took my camera to a friend's wedding and took a few shots here and there. That was fine - she didn't know I was bringing my camera! Unfortunately for her, she said that my shots were nicer than the pro's!!!!! The pro was very big on "posing" shots, whereas all of mine were just natural captures. In saying that, I don't think I would EVER do a wedding as the only photographer! I don't think I'm good enough and really don't need that sort of pressure!

Anyway - well done to you jr - there are some lovely shots there! I bet they're thrilled! :thumbsup:

Edited by TerraNik

Great shots! We could not afford a pro photographer when we got married and so hubbies nephews best mate worked in advertising and he was pretty good with a camera and got some lovely shots, I am forever grateful to him ( we gave him what we could afford as a token of appreciation and he was so surprised). My wedding photos are not at all staged or posed etc and got some great shots. My dad who is a keen on photography as a hobby took some great shots too!

they are just lovely.. well done. I agree with the others about how nerve racking a wedding shoot would be. They have turned out so well.. you should be proud!! I would be happy if my photographer took shots like that..

My SIL asked me to take some side shots at her wedding (in April) so she can have something to look at so she doesn't have to wait for the photogrpaher finishing editing. I've said of course but not to expect anything awesome or even remotely good quality.. pressure off! :thumbsup:

You did a wonderful job :rofl: I can't imagine the couple not being happy with them!

When OH and I got married we paid a photographer....he stuffed a lot of them up. Some of the ones of me in the house came out dark and just horrible. We can never get them back. I remember he had glasses and he kept forgetting to put them on. It showed in the pics :D

We were getting friends and family to take video and no one ever gave it to us. So it really is just memories.