German Shepherd Fights Off Muggers In Canberra

Shepherd 08

This is a media release from ACT Policing. I enjoyed this one :(

Dog assists owner during aggravated robbery

Release Date: Thursday, December 23 2010, 02:52 PM

ACT Policing is investigating an attempted aggravated robbery which occurred on Von Guerard Crescent, North Lyneham around 6.20pm last night (Wednesday, December 22).

The victim, a 19-year-old male was walking along Von Guerard Crescent with his German Shepherd when approached by two men. The men demanded the victim hand over personal property.

One of the men then approached the victim in an aggressive manner when the German Shepherd protecting the victim bit the male on the leg. A brief struggle took place before the victim and his dog managed to run from the area.

The two offenders were last seen running towards Ginninderra Drive.

The first male offender is described as Caucasian, 173cm in height, aged in his early 30s, skinny build with dark short spiky hair. At the time, the male was wearing white shorts and shirt.

The second offender is of Islander appearance, solid build, 183cm in height and believed to be aged in his early 20s. The offender was wearing a grey hooded top with the hood over his head and dark grey tracksuit pants.

Police are urging anyone who observed the attempted aggravated robbery, or people matching the description in the vicinity of Von Guerard Crescent to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via www.act.crimestoppers.com.au.

Good puppy!

I'd like to think my half GSD would do something like this for me if I was in the same situation, but I get the feeling she'd run in the other direction LOL

Great work doggy.

p_stampy, I know you are joking, but I would imagine your natural fear would transmit very quickly to your dog and all her instincts regarding the source of that fear would come into play.

Hopefully . . . . . . :thumbsup::laugh: :D

p_stampy, I know you are joking, but I would imagine your natural fear would transmit very quickly to your dog and all her instincts regarding the source of that fear would come into play.

This happened to me one night. I was walking 3 Rotties in the park and was approached by 3 stoned guys. They were aggressive and I was very frightened. The 2 Rotties who I had always assumed would protect me were disinterested in the men but my sooky la la boy who runs the other way from confrontation stood in front of me growling and started lunging at the end of the lead barking at the men. Thankfully they bolted when they realised I had Rotties with me. I was amazed that my boy was so protective - he was the last dog I thought would have stood his ground.

This happened to me one night. I was walking 3 Rotties in the park and was approached by 3 stoned guys. They were aggressive and I was very frightened. The 2 Rotties who I had always assumed would protect me were disinterested in the men but my sooky la la boy who runs the other way from confrontation stood in front of me growling and started lunging at the end of the lead barking at the men. Thankfully they bolted when they realised I had Rotties with me. I was amazed that my boy was so protective - he was the last dog I thought would have stood his ground.

Wow they must have been Really stoned!!!

Wow they must have been Really stoned!!!

Or roilly roilly stoopid.

Well done the the Shepherd - love it. Hope he really got his teeth in!

Just the smallest bite and the stupid man will be wearing the scars forever - hopefully scared s***less for the rest of his life, too.

True, but I still hope he got a really good full mouth bite just to make sure the bloke remembers!

Well done the the Shepherd - love it. Hope he really got his teeth in!

Just the smallest bite and the stupid man will be wearing the scars forever - hopefully scared s***less for the rest of his life, too.

True, but I still hope he got a really good full mouth bite just to make sure the bloke remembers!

Oh, I do too :thumbsup::laugh: