Um Isnt Showing A Desexed Bitch Wrong?

Missymoo

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally I couldn't give a dam if a desexed bitch is shown and titles.

The judges are judging to a standard and if that dog meets the requirements of the standard so be it.

Now DON"T come back at me that the judge is judging as to breeding requirements because they are NOT.

Judges, judge to a that breeds required standard.

How would the judge know if the average bitch/dog was capable of even producing a litter.

How would a judge know if the owners would even breed the the animal concerned.

How would a judge know if the animal concerned would have the capabilities of conceiving if she was bred.

How many times do we hear that the bitch was mated and never produced.

And by the way you will never know how many bitches that are shown are de sexed.

Oh, and by the way, many of the males have have had a vasectomy and can't produce either.

no not for Neuter ch...yes I would but how would it be proved??
Exactly how do you prove it? Yes it is ethically wrong, but remember some show people have no ethics at all.

agreed, I just had to have a vent thats all :p

Oakaway, whats up your nose? Do YOU show a desexed bitch?? Dont attack me, I just wanted to make a point, after all why bother bringing in a neuter title??

No you can prove it, yes Im sure there are many, many desexed dogs being shown, but there are RULES and if they can and will be flouted whats the point of even having said rule, thats all i was saying!! Geez!!!

RallyVally: sorry edited to post to your questain..because of the person, it was accidently told to me, and then i put two and two together from a conversation with the owner I had a few months ago. NOT gossip.

Edited by Missymoo

I think it happens more frequently than people realise, especially in some coated breeds. That is one reason why I object, to answer Oakway's question. It gives those bitches an advantage over bitches who drop coat with each season. Plus, it's against the rules.

Also agree with RallyValley tho' that it would be tricky to know whether you were dealing with malicious gossip or not unless you personally worked in the vet surgery where it was done, or lived with the dog, or whatever.

no not for Neuter ch...yes I would but how would it be proved??
Exactly how do you prove it? Yes it is ethically wrong, but remember some show people have no ethics at all.

agreed, I just had to have a vent thats all :love:

Oakaway, whats up your nose? Do YOU show a desexed bitch?? Dont attack me, I just wanted to make a point, after all why bother bringing in a neuter title??

No you can prove it, yes Im sure there are many, many desexed dogs being shown, but there are RULES and if they can and will be flouted whats the point of even having said rule, thats all i was saying!! Geez!!!

Nothings wrong, but I am just sick and tired of the ...........You know they have had that bitch de sexed.........and six months later her pups are in the ring.

No, don't own a de sexed bitch, I am in the process of finding out if their is some sort of rain dance that will make mine come in season. :p

I just don't have a problem with de sexed canines shown in the ordinary classes. It happens in England.

A good dog is a breeders delight.

Yes, I wonder why the neuter class was brought in.........how many shows hold the class?????????. Maybe that is the problem. :love:

I would suggest that if you can prove it you put your money where your mouth is and make a formal complaint.

If you can't prove it how do you know you haven't put two and two together and come up with five?

Nope, don't own a desexed bitch but I can't see what the big deal is about a set of testicles or some ovaries either.

Fair enough Oakway, just though you were having a go...fingers crossed for your gals season..

Thanks I think I will need it.

I thought it was just a case of they didn't cycle while in Tasmania as it may have been to cold for them.

I tipped they would come in season as soon as they got back to Queensland, and I would have have to send them all the way back. :p

I think it happens more frequently than people realise, especially in some coated breeds. That is one reason why I object, to answer Oakway's question. It gives those bitches an advantage over bitches who drop coat with each season. Plus, it's against the rules.

Also agree with RallyValley tho' that it would be tricky to know whether you were dealing with malicious gossip or not unless you personally worked in the vet surgery where it was done, or lived with the dog, or whatever.

Nah, :p In this day and age there is plenty of stuff about to keep a bitch out of season and there fore does not drop her coat.

I suppose you could say that during this time the bitch was a barren bitch.

I don't know if i would be unhappy about it... IF the rules were changed... but the fact is, it is against the rules to show a desexed bitch or dog and people are apparently doing it anyway... go about the proper channels and push for a rule change and state the reasons why it's a fair proposition... then do it.

I don't know if i would be unhappy about it... IF the rules were changed... but the fact is, it is against the rules to show a desexed bitch or dog and people are apparently doing it anyway... go about the proper channels and push for a rule change and state the reasons why it's a fair proposition... then do it.
I got hammered in the suprelorin debate,but it is fine to show desexed bitches????? Way to go for double standards :p

They do have an advantage in coated breeds especially and i know of several desexed bitches that are shown.

Well there some of us that will not oppose your thoughts. :love:

Personally I couldn't give a dam if a desexed bitch is shown and titles.

The judges are judging to a standard and if that dog meets the requirements of the standard so be it.

Now DON"T come back at me that the judge is judging as to breeding requirements because they are NOT.

Judges, judge to a that breeds required standard.

How would the judge know if the average bitch/dog was capable of even producing a litter.

How would a judge know if the owners would even breed the the animal concerned.

How would a judge know if the animal concerned would have the capabilities of conceiving if she was bred.

How many times do we hear that the bitch was mated and never produced.

And by the way you will never know how many bitches that are shown are de sexed.

Oh, and by the way, many of the males have have had a vasectomy and can't produce either.

I have to say I totally agree with you here and yes that's just my opinion. I think the UK way of showing is more sensible including moving at a sensible pace and not like a bat out of hell!