Pup Date Of Birth

Guest CaptainCourageous

Guest CaptainCourageous

Just wondering if a puppy's date of birth should be when the first in the litter emerges, when the last in the litter emerges, or when that individual pup emerges?

Our next litter is due on NYE, so my question's not just about which day but which year!

CC

Our last litter had the first pup born at 11.48pm and the second pup born at 11.55pm, the next two were born after midnight. The date of birth for the litter had to be the date the first pup was born on even though they just scraped in to that date.

Guest CaptainCourageous

From Facebook:

Hapipet Kennels proudly announces the arrival of its latest litter on New Years Eve. 3 males, 1 female, all black and tailed. Sire Ch Beadale U Son Ova Gun. Dam Gr Ch Beadale Like A Hurrican. Probably the last Schipperke litter of the last decade!

CC

The rules state that the birth date is the date on which the first pup was born.

I had a New Year's Day litter a few years ago. No fudgin' either. Born from 7am on. Such a good girl to consider my beauty sleep.

But really --- who is to know what you do if one is born on one date, and the rest on another? No one except you.

Edited by Jed

Guest CaptainCourageous

Bilbo Baggins, that's two litters in a row where I've been stewarding when they've arrived! We're very aware of the "too many cooks" proverb. CC