Could Sasaki Have Chow Chow In Him?

Purple Julie

Sasaki is a village dog living in Bougainville, PNG and he has a blue-black tongue, which I know that the Chow Chow breed has. He doesn't really look much like a chow chow, except he has the red hair and a blue-black tongue (which I unfortunately haven't been able to get a photo of - he doesn't stand with his tongue hanging out much). It seems strange that there would have been chow chows in Bougainville, but I guess not too impossible, since the Japanese were there during WW2 and I think they're popular dogs with the Japanese people.

See the attached photos. I've also put a thread in the health forum about the bad skin on his back which isn't shown in these photos, but is in a photo in that thread.

post-3242-1293607091_thumb.jpg

post-3242-1293607115_thumb.jpg

Oh yes, that's a good idea, how did I never think of that? He's probably a New Guinea Singing Dog cross, I don't imagine he's a pure breed. I think he barks but he also makes rather unusual noises when he's happy an wants to 'talk' to us.

Forgot to mention that his tongue is fully blue-black, not spotted or flecked.

Oh yes, that's a good idea, how did I never think of that? He's probably a New Guinea Singing Dog cross, I don't imagine he's a pure breed. I think he barks but he also makes rather unusual noises when he's happy an wants to 'talk' to us.

Forgot to mention that his tongue is fully blue-black, not spotted or flecked.

Have seen photos of Singing Dogs with very black tongues, he also looks very typical of the asian type breeds, that include the dingo, singing dogs akita etc. Singing dogs have large carnassial teeth like the Dingo. They are an interesting breed, I am quite taken by their uniqueness and vocalising.