• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm hoping for OH to do it with Akira. However, I am worried about him doing the willingness test with her, he isn't really a training person and she can be a stubborn cow. May see if I can convince him to actually do some obedience with her this year rather than me always doing it and hopefully that should help.

:laugh: I'm pretty concerned about the willingness test too :o

Hi,

the willingness test is the easy part. It used to be called an obedience test, but this terminology was changed to "willingness". The dog no longer has to be "obedient", it just has to show a "willingness" to work for you. You can correct, you can double command, you can physically assist the dog.

Also, you can have a separate handler for the willingness test and the run. The same handler must perform both willingness tests.

M

Hi All,

Happy New Year!

The first ET of 2012 is only a few short months away. Time to start training, or at least get talking about it!

What are people's plans for this years ET's?

M

We have already started just a few run's with the bike but the first one up is a pint size cocker so she will have to work harder than the others doing a few km's walking every second day which means 6am starts to avoid the heat atm. l am aiming to do 4 this year :eek:

M, maybe time to start a 2012 ET thread ?