Need Help Naming My New Lil Man!

Partipaws

Hello all!!!

I have been straining my brain for weeks now trying to think of a suitable name for our exciting new import boy from the UK!!!

He is a parti colour boy, but is actually considered a Tri-colour being that he is black, tan and white......

He has a registered name already which is Pommania's Parti down under - so we were trying to keep with the theme, but just can not quite find the "perfect" name ?!?!

Some names we have thought of is Thunder, because of parti down under and because he is going to cause a stir in the show scene we hope because of his colour - maybe spellng it Thunda ??, or Trio because he is tri-colour!!! but just not sure :shrug:

What I like in a name!

I do like cute names - My current poms names are Bundy, Gucci, Tipsy, Monty - so there is a bit of a theme with the 'i' 'ie' 'y' ending - but really I am not fussed as I really did not plan this!!! I like the 'big strong names' for little dogs, example being 'bruizer' for a chihuahua, Dozer etc???? And I am a fan of keeping in with the 'Parti/party' theme too!!! Being his name is parti down under, maybe giving him a party themed name like DJ, Disco, groover?? These examples are not really suitable as some are already taken by close breeder friends so maybe someone might be able to think up something else :laugh: His markings do give him a cheeky look with the eyebrow markings so I was trying to think of names that suggest devil or rebel - and showing his colouring in australia will be a little rebelious as well ;) so that might inspire some names?!?! I do also like unique names, as I would really like his name to stand out and be specific to him a lone - our breed seems to have a lot of double ups on names....... ok that about sums up my "likes" in names LOL - seems that is everything that I will be open to suggestion - LOL

I have attached pictures of him to help :)

Thank u so much in advance - I am having so much trouble trying to think of names... its hurting my brain...

post-23538-1293874170_thumb.jpg

post-23538-1293874313_thumb.jpg

He is the most cutiest little thing I have ever seen... he is beautiful :shrug:

Coming from the Uk to Oz you could call him "James Cook" or "JC" for short (If you called him JC for short it keeps with your "i' or "y" sound on the end too)

It's hard to think of a strong name for such a cute little pup like him.

Good luck and let us know what you finally choose :laugh:

Edited to fix spelling

Edited by Rottsup

Because I am a rebel and have more money then sense!!!! LOL!!!

*sighs* I wish I had money!

The breed standards is very out dated! Black and tans, or any colour and tan are acceptable now as of June 2009. We are still working on modernising the standards though. Some would say the tan marking statement refers to something else being that of a mismark?? But as we have all found there are many many grey areas in the standards which need to be deleted or rewritten so that it is crystal clear and not so open to misinterpretation!

The fact of the matter is that as of June 2009 the big question mark for the Poms with tan markings, so black and tan, blue and tan, choc and tan and the tri colours (blue, choc, black with tan parti colours) have been accepted and are showing quite successfully - one black and tan getting RUISS! Yes you do hit the odd judge who is old fashioned and picks the oranges, but times are changing.

I came to be a breeder/exhibitor of the Poms because I fell in love with the breed firstly but also fell in love with the parti! I become very passionate at seeing the unique/rare colours accepted and recognised and I thoroughly enjoy the challege of getting out there and promoting the colours! These colours have every right to be in the ring and on equal with the sables, oranges, these "exotic/rare" colours were the original of the breed long before the orange popped up and the black and tans are very useful in correcting pigment and richness in coat colour in oranges and sables... So we value them greatly.

Anyway in answer to your question, I will show him if he is a fine example of the breed, in my opinion colour should never fault a good dog! Colour should be the last thing to judge. But most importantly he will be a great asset to my parti progra

here as there is not enough parti Poms here in oz to work with.

I love a good challenge and I will see to it the standards change, see these colours rightfully accepted! Out with the old i

with the new - I am only 26 so I have a life time to fight this war :shrug:

There is a good theme for a name - lol

Braveheart!

Nice one! :laugh: will speak to my partner.,, thank u.

Jess xo

I kept a dog from a litter last year and his rego name is Brave Heart and call name "Wallace" from William Wallace. He is such a Wallace!! It's a great name!

Hello all!!!

I have been straining my brain for weeks now trying to think of a suitable name for our exciting new import boy from the UK!!!

He is a parti colour boy, but is actually considered a Tri-colour being that he is black, tan and white......

He has a registered name already which is Pommania's Parti down under - so we were trying to keep with the theme, but just can not quite find the "perfect" name ?!?!

Some names we have thought of is Thunder, because of parti down under and because he is going to cause a stir in the show scene we hope because of his colour - maybe spellng it Thunda ??, or Trio because he is tri-colour!!! but just not sure :thumbsup:

What I like in a name!

I do like cute names - My current poms names are Bundy, Gucci, Tipsy, Monty - so there is a bit of a theme with the 'i' 'ie' 'y' ending - but really I am not fussed as I really did not plan this!!! I like the 'big strong names' for little dogs, example being 'bruizer' for a chihuahua, Dozer etc???? And I am a fan of keeping in with the 'Parti/party' theme too!!! Being his name is parti down under, maybe giving him a party themed name like DJ, Disco, groover?? These examples are not really suitable as some are already taken by close breeder friends so maybe someone might be able to think up something else ;) His markings do give him a cheeky look with the eyebrow markings so I was trying to think of names that suggest devil or rebel - and showing his colouring in australia will be a little rebelious as well ;) so that might inspire some names?!?! I do also like unique names, as I would really like his name to stand out and be specific to him a lone - our breed seems to have a lot of double ups on names....... ok that about sums up my "likes" in names LOL - seems that is everything that I will be open to suggestion - LOL

I have attached pictures of him to help :)

Thank u so much in advance - I am having so much trouble trying to think of names... its hurting my brain...

I think you have a winner in Disco! It's short, cute but full of energy - pretty much like I'm imagining your gorgeous new boy will be! :D Good on you for being adventurous - I look forward to seeing him around the show rings. :)