Perfect Recall

Guest Connie

Connie:

Thanks K-9, but what was the point of that?

K9: the point was to show the value of my charges, after you gave the impression they were expensive.

C:

You obviously think you're wicked

K9: I guess you mean competant? then yes.

C:

I'm not about to fly across the country with my dog to attend your classes, am I?

K9: Im not sure what your going to do, but lets talk first eh? Im booked out for two months.

C:

Especially since my first impressions of you from this forum is that you're rude, arrogant and confrontational. The sad thing is that I was initially really pleased to see your reply... until I read it, that is.

K9: well here is a tip, Im handing them out today with no price tag.

This is not how you ask for advice

As for asking, K-9?!  I'd appreciate the advice but I think it comes with an exclusive price tag!

Steve is sooooooo not rude and very worth what you pay for

I am getting an awesome recall with my Malamute under distraction and that is something that I never thought I would be able to achieve. I've put everything he has taught me into a rescue Sibe that I picked up on the weekend and now have the dog sitting, walking on a leash besides me without pulling and just starting recall.

Re K9's charges - How much would you pay for obedience classes and books. Say you buy 3 books that about $75. Join obedience that's about $20 and say $5 a class over 20 weeks. That's $100

I took an extremely fear agressive foster dog up to see K9 - spent $99 and got a fantastic program specific to her needs. I expected the session with him to last one hour - it lasted about 4 and a half. I've lost count of the emails that I have sent him and the advice he gives me for nothing

K9 is not expensive, nor rude and confrontational. We are very luck that he gives us his advice and articles for free

Guest tollerblaize

Hey There,

I went to DogTech two weeks ago. Costing me over $350. And I'm not really happy with what's happening at the moment. ie, we're breaking his spirit at the moment.

Perhaps, K9 I should speak to you. Will check your website.

Hey Tollerblaize, we were wondering how you were going - see your original thread.

Like I and others said there - don't be too hard on yourself and if not happy with what is happening look for the alternatives - as you are obviously doing!!

Sorry - this is not on the recall topic - but thanks for posting it - we are working on this at the moment too.

- spent $99 and got a fantastic program specific to her needs. I expected the session with him to last one hour - it lasted about 4 and a half. I've lost count of the emails that I have sent him and the advice he gives me for nothing

K9 is not expensive, nor rude and confrontational. We are very luck that he gives us his advice and articles for free

I feel ripped off :laugh: :D :):rofl::rofl::eek::cry:

Becouse mine instead of booked 2 hours was "only" 3.

Gotta say that I lost count of emials after the lesson in less than a week, they still continue (since November) I'd hate to see the bill for those....................... but I know its not coming.......... or have I missed something K9? :mad:(:love:

Want to save money - come to the seminar - see subject K9 Force is comming to Sydney.

Edited by myszka

K9 is not expensive, nor rude and confrontational. We are very lucky that he gives us his advice and articles for free

I for one appreciate K9force contributing to the forum when he can.

I have gleaned a lot of practical tips from reading the threads he's participated in, as well as the other trainers and members here.

And I hope people like him continue to pop in regularly.

Guest kelbyrd

the two most important things your dog should know and obey immediatly is their namd and to come when called. When teaching the recall/come command, I make myself the most welcoming and best place my dog want to be. I make sure there is a lot of play time when teaching the recall, I call my dog and then I run away and just when I know he is real near me I fall to the ground and let him tackle me and then I roll around with him and offer treats and toys, and a lot of praise and atta boys. then I get up and set him up for the recall again, and do the same thing, after awhile you can stop falling on the ground and then just stand there and make yourself the most best thing to be with and your dog will learn that coming to you is fun and the most comforting and playful thing it can dol Make it fun and exciting for your dog to come and want to be with you, It can and will make a difference in the end for when you call your dogs name and say COME. He will pick up his ears and think YAH, going to you is great, I will either get a treat or one heck of a goood pet!!!