I Think It's Time....

Danielle

Well I had a horribl, horrible night. I didn't even go to work today. I got my old girl peed on pretty much everything in the house last night as some kind of I know what you are thinking protest. We actually ran out of nappies and I spent the night cleaning behind her trying to remain patient. Anyway I sat with her and got her to sleep in the laundry last night and left my blankie with her thinking it had all our smells on it, but then the younger dog got upset she wasn't with us when we went to bed and started her up. Then she went back to sleep again. Ah yes it was all too easy. I woke at about 1am and she was very distressed so I raced in and peered over the door and she had literally torn the place up and peed on EVERYTHING. So I cleaned her up and fashioned a nappy and brought her back in with me. Of course the guilt was killing me and I lay there all night listening to her breathe thinking how distressed it still sounded, but she wouldn't let me touch her to calm her. She didn't get up to toilet again till 6.30 and by that stage I'd spent the night angry at myself thinking how terrible a doggy mother I was and thinking I'd almost killed my dog. So with no sleep and all the beating myself up I have been in a foul mood all day. I'm feeling a bit out of my depth with it all. The weather is not helping - it has been torrential rain all weekend with my backyard seeping silt under the back door again. We had to sandbag it before going to bed again. And my old girl hates going outside in the rain so of course her preference is to pee inside. I know it sounds selfish but floods permitting I have family travelling from two states for my mum's 80th in 2 weeks and no-one is going to be able to stay here with the place smelling of dog urine. So yep, all too much for me today!

And thank you Rottifan for your messages. All our dogs are always massaged to keep things circulating (which may be why they all live so long) as we have a lot of family members (inc my sister who lives with me) involved in natural therapies and have used their services over the years when traditional vet treatment is not managing the issue. My vet also does homeopathic stuff now so I'm a great believer in trying more natural options.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic