I'm Sorry Little Bill...

persephone

You were just a tiny duckling..and should never have been brought home. If you had've been a wood duck, we could have fed you well ..but you were a little teal ..and one that would only eat earthworms :confused: Not insects, not dog food,not cat food,nor oats,nor softened seed. Not hard boiled egg,grain bread, or mince .Not chopped greens,or corn kernels.Not earwigs..or even the weevils I painstakingly collected from teh grain bin .Not daddylonglegs, not the mealworm I found. Only earthworms- and here it is so very dry and hot that earthworms are like diamonds ..and you ate the only 4 I found :rofl:

I am so sorry you got separated from your family ..and sought safety on our verandah....sorry we couldn't find a family for you nearby.

Tonight I sent you over the bridge- tho you probably jumped off halfway to swim the rest of the distance :rofl:

I'm so sorry - I just couldn't help.

:rofl: Pers it sounds like this little teal was lucky he had you to at least try all of those things. :confused: to you for trying so hard and for recognising when it was time to send him on his way.