Need Now - Electrolyte Solution

Nekhbet

Can someone please SMS me as to which electrolyte solutions (human ones from the chemist) are safe for a puppy, I cant hang around the computer we have to head out now but here is my number. I cant get a hold of any animal ones around here at the moment

0401 389 863

Thanks

Julie

I purchased Pedialyte, it's made for babies, there was no unflavoured so I had to grab a raspberry one. Puppy is currently sipping water but if she has another big spew I need at least something to help her in this weather. Air con is at least preventing all the dogs overheating

Lectade is one specifically for animals, available over the counter at vets and quite possibly stock feeders. Comes in a two part sachet and you can make up the whole lot or smaller amounts as needed. Usually has a long expirey date so ok to keep on hand. Glad everything is sorted Nekhbet.

I can get vytrate from work but that is 30km away :laugh: I rang fo lectade no one open had any on hand *gahh* I was a little sus on gatorade as many human products have artificial colours and flavours and since its not my puppy I didnt want to risk making her wost. We know what its from so its not pathogenic hence not going straight to a vet, no diahhrea either. Rung the owner and they're OK with what I'm doing :eek:

She's drank half a litre of water so far today and kept it down, all dry food will be soaked so she doesnt feel the need to scoff water down and vomit again.

Oakway you're right, I do have saline and needles/syringes on hand always but if she got that bad I would have called my great vet and have him put her on a drip straight away the owner would have gladly paid whatever required for their baby and my vet is a minute drive away. If I was really desperate salt, honey and water but I do have nutrigel I can make into a solution as well (oh crap I just remembered I had that in the house :laugh: )

Edited by Nekhbet

The Peadiatric one worked for us in several emergencies as we are out of town.........I have also learned how to do a subcutaneous fluid insertion and IV now, because time does'nt always play on our side.

Sounds like things are on the improve

was that you that SMSd :laugh: thanks to everyone that did :eek:

yeah she may not need it but I hate being caught short and as always, it would happen at some ungodly hour.

DSC_0045.jpg

little Aprillia says thanks to everyone :eek: