Black Hawk Puppy

sheena

I currently have my BC adult girl on Black Hawk. She has been on it now for about a month...one night she gets BH with meat the next she gets VAN with meat, & both days she gets her raw meaty bone, either a turkey wing or piece of lamb flap. Even though she has only been on it for a month I can see a big difference in her coat, which was always pretty good, but now she just glows & her coat is very soft. :D When I use up the VAN she will be on 100% BH plus meat & RMB. I was just wondering if anybody has any feedback on the Black Hawk Puppy kibble.

I haven't tried the puppy, I just put my near 11 month old straight onto the adult formula, as the wheat was a worry for my itchy prone dog. And I agree, the coat condition improvement is awesome, my boy is so shiny and soft, I'm loving it.

And the SEQLD supplier is very helpful as well, so thumps up all round for the adult formula, will be interested to see what feedback people have on the puppy formula.

Edited by meluchja

How old is the pup Sheena? I switch my border pups onto adult food pretty early to try and avoid OCD/rapid growth problems.

She hasn't been born yet :heart: but hopefully concieved, but I am looking ahead & thinking I would like to put her on it when I get her (a BC) as my older girl is doing so well on it & I will probably have to order a new bag of adult for her about the same time as I take delivery of new pup, so would get a 20 kilo bag of puppy at the same time.

lol. I couldn't remember you having a puppy and was thinking you must have changed breeds!

No...not me...I don't think I would ever change breeds..if I did want a change I would probably go for a nice kelpie from a breeder that I know well. I am so excited about the fact that my new girl has hopefully been concieved & waiting on ultrasound in a couple of weeks to confirm...it's a bit like going through a pregnancy with your daughter. But I am wanting to plan ahead & have all the right info on hand including the best food for her. Don't worry ...as soon as I get

her, the whole world will know. I have been looking at all my puppy training videos & practicing on Bindi....very interesting :thumbsup:

I recently looked after a litter that were weaned straight onto the Black Hawk Adult - it's protein/fat ratio are ideally suited to the needs of a rapidly growing breed that needs to avoid joint problems. These pups were in excellent condition.

I recently looked after a litter that were weaned straight onto the Black Hawk Adult - it's protein/fat ratio are ideally suited to the needs of a rapidly growing breed that needs to avoid joint problems. These pups were in excellent condition.

I thought that might be the case...thanks for your replies everyone. It would be far more convenient just to have one 20 kilo bag opened at a time which can feed both my adult dog andmy puppy. Maybe the manufacturers could guide me as to amounts to feed a puppy. She would also be getting some raw meat with it plus raw meaty bones.

Hi Sheena

l wean all my puppies straight onto Black Hawk Adult formula. l dont use the puppy as l have German Shepherds and as Emilee mentioned i dont want the rapid growth from puppy formula's. l also have Collies Rough & Smooth they to are weaned straight onto Adult.

l dont adjust the amount, i use each & every dog as a guide to how much each needs as they are all different in metabolisum

Hope this helps

Regards

Sherel