Help - Need Pet Friendly Accom At Brisbane Airport

mumof3

Hello Dolers,

Can you suggest pet friendly accom at Brisbane airport (or very close by and accessible for people who don't know Brisbane and are unaccustomed to driving around it). We need it on Wednesday night. Last minute change to travel plans to due flooding at Gympie - we are trying to beat a hasty retreat but having diffifulty because no one wants to help us because of our lovely dog.

cheers

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. One dog, 9 month old Brittany. She doesn't really need to be inside, though she is house trained. We have a travel crate which she can sleep in if she has to be outside. So long as she is secure and dry. Also, three kids and a husband.

We fly out early 13th, and have a hire car to return. It would be good to be taxi distance from the airport. I wonder if taxi's will carry a crated dog?

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. One dog, 9 month old Brittany. She doesn't really need to be inside, though she is house trained. We have a travel crate which she can sleep in if she has to be outside. So long as she is secure and dry. Also, three kids and a husband.

We fly out early 13th, and have a hire car to return. It would be good to be taxi distance from the airport. I wonder if taxi's will carry a crated dog?

Cheers

most taxi's here wont carry pets and niether does public transport. where do you need to return the car too, can it be returned at the airport.

Hi,

Cheers

most taxi's here wont carry pets and niether does public transport. where do you need to return the car too, can it be returned at the airport.

yeah, car returns to airport. Dog goes to Virgin Blue freight, but has to be checked on by my husband or we pay extra for freight. Dog checks in at about 6.00am, then we drop the hire car back and check in for our own flight. all if we can GET to Brisbane (from Gympie)!

These people may be able to help out with transport and one night's accom. They are the closest kennel to the airport.

Brisbane Pet Motel

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, from their website:

Please note: Due to huge demand for limited kennel space we are no longer taking bookings for new dogs to the kennels at this current time. Existing clients that require boarding for their pets can contact us as per our normal contact numbers.

Pickup and Delivery option is no longer available and Kennel inspections are not available till further notice.

Opening Hours: Monday - Saturday 8am-10am or 2pm-5pm

Sundays 2pm-5pm.

Wednesdays Closed

Doh!

These people may be able to help out with transport and one night's accom. They are the closest kennel to the airport.

Brisbane Pet Motel

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, from their website:

Please note: Due to huge demand for limited kennel space we are no longer taking bookings for new dogs to the kennels at this current time. Existing clients that require boarding for their pets can contact us as per our normal contact numbers.

Pickup and Delivery option is no longer available and Kennel inspections are not available till further notice.

Opening Hours: Monday - Saturday 8am-10am or 2pm-5pm

Sundays 2pm-5pm.

Wednesdays Closed

Doh!

Could you perhaps call them and explain to them your situation? They MAY be able to squeeze you in...

If you have to have the dog at the airport at 6am then you won;t be able to board the dog overnight - I doubt any kennel is going to get up and release a dog for you at 5am. I would keep trying motels and explain either dog can sleep in the crate in the hire car or at a push they might let you sleep her in the crate in the room.....

here's a list.... http://www.wotif.com/hotels/australia-bris...ort-hotels.html

I have rang a number of the motels, close to the airport and they all say no dogs, even the caravan park can't take them due to council regulations.

If you get really stuck mumof3 pm me and I will have the pup at my place for the night. I have a bit of a houseful so I cant put you and your family up but the pup could stay the night if you are stuck.

there is a motel just down the road 10 minutes and we are not too far from the airport.

the closest motel to me is the comfort inn at northgate, it is 2 minutes off the gateway and 10 minutes to the airport and max 5 minutes to my place there number is 07 3256 7222

I have rang a number of the motels, close to the airport and they all say no dogs, even the caravan park can't take them due to council regulations.

If you get really stuck mumof3 pm me and I will have the pup at my place for the night. I have a bit of a houseful so I cant put you and your family up but the pup could stay the night if you are stuck.

there is a motel just down the road 10 minutes and we are not too far from the airport.

the closest motel to me is the comfort inn at northgate, it is 2 minutes off the gateway and 10 minutes to the airport and max 5 minutes to my place there number is 07 3256 7222

Oh, WOW. Thank you- that is such a nice offer. If I do get really stuck, I might just take you up on it. Let's see what I can find a bit further out though. Thank you so much, that is just so kind of you. And thanks for ringing motels, you're an angel.

I have sent you a PM. We live 10 mins from the airport and can separate the dogs if necessary. Have two spare rooms 1 with a queen bed and the other with a double pullout couch and a side room to put an extra mattress if needed.

A pretty easy straight road from our place to the airport.

Thanks all for your offers of help, and suggestions.

Due to the floods, I don't think we will be able to get to Brisbane Airport for our flights, and I am cancelling them. We will wait it out here, where we are safe and dry, though chewing through cash at a scary rate of knots with a holiday house and a hire car to pay for.

Hope you all, your families and friends are safe.

Hi Mumof3, I saw this on the ABC Brisbane site... http://www.abc.net.au/brisbane/about/announcements.htm

4:13am

Brisbane Airport operating as per normal - not affected by weather. Arrival and departure times http://bit.ly/a8rh6w: http://twitter.com/612brisbane/statuses/24891539800981504

It may save you your holiday-house and hire car rent

Thanks Boronio - trouble is I can't get to Brisbane now! Oh well, hopefully in a couple of days. We'll be right, there are others with much bigger problems than mine at the moment.

Cheers