Flood Relief Fund Appeals/donations

poodlefan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Qld (and now NSW) floods will clearly rival or surpass the Victorian bushfires in terms of natural disaster and impact on communities. I think the scale of this disaster can only be described as biblical. :hug:

I'd like to donate but prefer to target my funds/goods towards pets and pet owners (specifically dogs)

If people know of relief efforts that require dog stuff or that will target dog owners can they post info on them here. I'm hoping Dogs Qld do as Dogs VIC did and collect and provide information on members affected but if they are also underwater that will be pretty difficult.

Poodlefan

We have friends who have been found safe and well with their dog. They used to live in Grantham

They of course arent members of DogsQld as they do not have a pedigree dog.

They will require help at some stage but I am not sure if any relief like this will reach them.

If possible can you help me get something to them in time. Anything at all will be gratefully received I am sure.

I have offered our kennel space if they need it at any stage.

debs

A link for donations

http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/

Queensland Premier, Anna Bligh, has requested that financial donations be forwarded to The Premier’s Flood Relief Appeal. Please do not send goods as yet.

Donations

Online: http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html

Phone: 1800 219 028 0600 – 2300hrs, 7 days

Bank: Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal, BSB: 064 013, A/c: 1000 6800

Edited by Pippa

Donations over $2 are Tax deductible for Pacers

Visit My Website

Didn't find the answer on the website, so I'll ask the question some of us want to know here instead.

I just made an internet transfer donation to Pacers, how do we prove the donation for the tax man? At the end of the day, I just want the money to help some soggy doggies or other animals, but it might encourage more donations if we knew.

Thinking of you all up there :confused:

We need you to email us your name and address and we will issue you a receipt. Though in reality the payment receipt you get should be good enough.

The Qld (and now NSW) floods will clearly rival or surpass the Victorian bushfires in terms of natural disaster and impact on communities. I think the scale of this disaster can only be described as biblical. :confused:

I'd like to donate but prefer to target my funds/goods towards pets and pet owners (specifically dogs)

If people know of relief efforts that require dog stuff or that will target dog owners can they post info on them here. I'm hoping Dogs Qld do as Dogs VIC did and collect and provide information on members affected but if they are also underwater that will be pretty difficult.

Poodlefan

We have friends who have been found safe and well with their dog. They used to live in Grantham

They will require help at some stage but I am not sure if any relief like this will reach them.

If possible can you help me get something to them in time. Anything at all will be gratefully received I am sure.

I have offered our kennel space if they need it at any stage.

debs

If you can tell us what they may need we will try to help them. [email protected]

i know this website is for dogs but in time of need i think people with horses need to be very wary.. recieved this post tonight>>>

RED ALERT HORSE OWNERS IN FLOODS. I have just confirmed that horse thieves are offering to take in victims horses. IF YOU ACCEPT HELP ENSURE YOU BE AWARE OF THIS. Get your horses to safety but there are thieves out there. So...meone near Tamborine has been confirmed as a thief please pass this around.

appeal on FB for help

Queensland - Goodna Aea. The Cherokee Boarding kennels at Goodna with 70 dogs will go under water later today. They have places for the dogs but need people with dog trailers to get the dogs out. Anyone who can help, please phone Sharon on 0412 112 372 - VERY URGENT!!!

appeal on FB for help

Queensland - Goodna Aea. The Cherokee Boarding kennels at Goodna with 70 dogs will go under water later today. They have places for the dogs but need people with dog trailers to get the dogs out. Anyone who can help, please phone Sharon on 0412 112 372 - VERY URGENT!!!

Don't quote me on this, but I think this one has already been sorted?

i know this website is for dogs but in time of need i think people with horses need to be very wary.. recieved this post tonight>>>

RED ALERT HORSE OWNERS IN FLOODS. I have just confirmed that horse thieves are offering to take in victims horses. IF YOU ACCEPT HELP ENSURE YOU BE AWARE OF THIS. Get your horses to safety but there are thieves out there. So...meone near Tamborine has been confirmed as a thief please pass this around.

god some people are bastards!

Not doggy specific

http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html

Virtual Dog Show being run by DOGS QLD

facebook page

Dogs Queensland Virtual Dog Show - as at 6.00pm this evening (12 Jan) a draft introduction page, a show schedule and and special entry form has been sent to DQ for their approval. I have also spoken at length with Paul Britzo from Ozentries who will provide online entry facilities for us. A small admin fee will be charged but all of that amount will be donated back to our fundraiser initiative. Once approval is received it will be full steam ahead.

WA

SRAODC is hosting an agilty and jumping fundraiser on Friday evening the 21st January. It is a sanctioned event by governing council with all monies going to victims and their animals.I hope all the sporting clubs will come on board, so far ACWA are in ... thanks guys !! If we can get someone to run Rally O that would be fantastic too...contatc your contacts !!

It will be a show and go and planning is in the early stages, all help appreciated and hope to see the doggy WA fraternity turn out to support the event.

I think we will start around 7 pm but will set up equipment during the day.

you can contact me on

[email protected]

The Qld (and now NSW) floods will clearly rival or surpass the Victorian bushfires in terms of natural disaster and impact on communities. I think the scale of this disaster can only be described as biblical. :laugh:

Poodlefan

debs

If you can tell us what they may need we will try to help them. [email protected]

I am trying to see if the Gatton uni need any extra help. They have hundreds of pets staying at the uni. many needing care.

I think there are still many animals stranded and on top of some roofs.

If they need more cat food, dog food, towels, pet blankets etc. anything

If I can help that is great.

eta

I was told there were lots and lots.

Maybe there arent lots at the uni according to the news report But I know there are lots at the rescue centres

Am waiting to hear from the vet nurse

Edited by stonebridge

Just thought I'd post.

We're fundraising for flood victims and session money will be donated to the Premier's Flood Appeal.

This might be a time to update your human family portrait, a portrait of your pets (Serena is shooting on Wednesday up to 3pmish) or maybe even a high quality studio portrait of your show dogs for just $89 (the deal on offer would usually be around $800)

100% of the session proceeds are being donated to the appeal.

Lots of details on our blog. Even if you can't take a shoot yourself, please also share the link with as many people as you can via twitter/facebook/showlists etc. We want to get the word out!!

http://www.savvystudios.com.au/?p=608

or

www.thepetproject.com.au

Please don't PM me here as I don't have PM's. If you want to find out more, please call us on 3891 1400 or email via the website.

Edited by Ashanali

Just thought I'd post.

We're fundraising for flood victims and session money will be donated to the Premier's Flood Appeal.

This might be a time to update your human family portrait, a portrait of your pets (Serena is shooting on Wednesday up to 3pmish) or maybe even a high quality studio portrait of your show dogs for just $89 (the deal on offer would usually be around $800)

100% of the session proceeds are being donated to the appeal.

Lots of details on our blog. Even if you can't take a shoot yourself, please also share the link with as many people as you can via twitter/facebook/showlists etc. We want to get the word out!!

http://www.savvystudios.com.au/?p=608

or

www.thepetproject.com.au

Please don't PM me here as I don't have PM's. If you want to find out more, please call us on 3891 1400 or email via the website.

That is an extremely generous offer. I'll be seeing you on Tuesday :)

Just putting this idea out there for people who want to donate but have little money. A friend on Facebook just posted that she'd just donated all the points gained on her fly buys card. This is able to be redeemed in many ways.

For those working directly with people/groups presently helping directly with pets needing food, this is on the AWL Qld site: 

Thanks to the generous support of Mars Pet Foods, AWLQ is ab

le to offer pet food to flood-affected communities. ...call 5509 9000

Also RSPCA Qld shelter at Fairfield was pretty wrecked. Right now, they're asking for physical help to come aid recovery. Up to the stage of heavy lifting and use of power tools. You can fill in the forms there, that's being required by the council for all volunteering.

General information on this site:

http://qldfloodanimals.weebly.com/

Offers of direct help are here:

http://qldfloodanimals.weebly.com/offers-of-help.html

Edited by mita