Zedley The Strange One

Loraine

Loraine, Sleep Right is Doxilamine Succinate if I remember correctly, which is a muscle relaxant ..... how much did you give? I only ever recommend a 1/4 of a tablet for humans to start with even though the packet says to take one or two tablets! They are VERY strong tablets!

GR I gave him a 25mg tablet. In the middle of the night I am frustrated, desperate and drugged myself. Showed them ot his vet and she was not concerned. I really don't like drugging dogs, but it was way better than choking him into silence. He tries to headbut his way through the windows which are 40 years old and thin. He could kill himself, before I got a chance to do it for him.

Lorraine,

I've just read your thread for the first time. I've also just finished a book which amongst other things discussed how it came to be discovered that animals can detect cancer, and other illnesses in humans.

I'm probably way off the mark, but just an idea, and please don't worry unnecessarily.

Have you had your own health checked? I don't mean to say you are going mad. I mean your physical health.

Go and have a good physical at your GP. I don't know what you tell them.

All the best. I'm sure it's nothing, but it was just a thought that jumped into my head when I read your thread.

Loraine, Sleep Right is Doxilamine Succinate if I remember correctly, which is a muscle relaxant ..... how much did you give? I only ever recommend a 1/4 of a tablet for humans to start with even though the packet says to take one or two tablets! They are VERY strong tablets!

GR I gave him a 25mg tablet. In the middle of the night I am frustrated, desperate and drugged myself. Showed them ot his vet and she was not concerned. I really don't like drugging dogs, but it was way better than choking him into silence. He tries to headbut his way through the windows which are 40 years old and thin. He could kill himself, before I got a chance to do it for him.

I do understand your frustratation, I really do! I was perhaps concerned that maybe you had given him a couple as per instructions on the packet :(

If it works, then great! When I take 1/2 tablet, I wake feeling drowsy until mid morning, like a hangover.

How has Zedley been today?

I do hope you can both get some good night sleep. Maybe the sleeping pills will help break him of any habit it might have become?

:(

Lorraine,

I've just read your thread for the first time. I've also just finished a book which amongst other things discussed how it came to be discovered that animals can detect cancer, and other illnesses in humans.

I'm probably way off the mark, but just an idea, and please don't worry unnecessarily.

Have you had your own health checked? I don't mean to say you are going mad. I mean your physical health.

Go and have a good physical at your GP. I don't know what you tell them.

All the best. I'm sure it's nothing, but it was just a thought that jumped into my head when I read your thread.

Thanks Mumof3. Been for a thorough check up as it also occured to me.

GR we had a good night last night, we wil see how we go tonight. He'd better be careful, I've been for a hospital clinic appt today and nearly passed out in the foyer, ended up in ER and a wheelchair. No feeling super, so I hope he has a calm night.

How about a Dap Diffuser in the bedroom where he sleeps. It has really calmed my dog down. Shes a fit, healthy young dog who has always had problems settling down particularly at night and the dap has really helped! Might be worth a try!

Is he having his sleeping pills ??

Jed he is on Promax for a week, then the plan it to move him onto Endep, minimal dose Curlygirl, is the Promax is decreased. I've tried the DAP and that does not good at all :eek: We had another great night last night and are both perky and back to normal :wave: