2011 Brags Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First trial of the year last night. Both puppies ran really nicely, but only CK had a card and second place in JDX. (Both handler impaired.)

Apart from being 3 years late of the first front cross it was a great run. Hopefully a sign of things to come!

LOL about being handler impaired - I think we can all relate to that. Well done on your pass with CK and just consider the other runs as blowing the Xmas cobwebs away :birthday:

LOL about being handler impaired - I think we can all relate to that. Well done on your pass with CK and just consider the other runs as blowing the Xmas cobwebs away :D

Oh, that sounded a little more negative than it was meant to be. I had a GREAT night and was over the moon with how CK ran. Xena did some really nice stuff too. Plenty to be happy about after no training for 2 months. A great platform to build on. Can't wait for next weekend now.

And another bonus - I put CK's card in his 'file' thinking it was the first JDX pass. It was his second. :(

Well done AD! Great run!

We had our fun teams event last night (and Strat Pairs) and very proud to say that my team placed :(

We came 16th! (out of 16 :laugh:)

:D

We had an absolute ball though, which is what it is all about! Both my girls DQ'd in agility (apart from the fact that the handler forgot about the tunnel at the end of the course both runs, Ruby also skipped the contact equipment), then the jumping round Ruby got a clear round :laugh: :laugh:

Millie, a lot less experienced than Ruby, worked her little booty off on the jumping course and some handler errors caused some bars down and refusals, but I couldn't be prouder of her! Especially in the home stretch, it might not seem like a lot, but she kept going without stopping to turn around to look at me for direction so if I just take that away from last night I couldn't be happier! :thumbsup:

Edited by RubyStar

:( It's all about the fun!

Looking forward to seeing some video - gets boring watching BC's all the time! :laugh:

Well done AD! Great run!

We had our fun teams event last night (and Strat Pairs) and very proud to say that my team placed :D

We came 16th! (out of 16 :rofl:)

:laugh:

We had an absolute ball though, which is what it is all about! Both my girls DQ'd in agility (apart from the fact that the handler forgot about the tunnel at the end of the course both runs, Ruby also skipped the contact equipment), then the jumping round Ruby got a clear round :thumbsup::laugh:

Millie, a lot less experienced than Ruby, worked her little booty off on the jumping course and some handler errors caused some bars down and refusals, but I couldn't be prouder of her! Especially in the home stretch, it might not seem like a lot, but she kept going without stopping to turn around to look at me for direction so if I just take that away from last night I couldn't be happier! :laugh:

:( It's all about the fun!

Looking forward to seeing some video - gets boring watching BC's all the time! :D

You'd get a hoot out of the Strat Pairs effort :laugh: 2 Labs in the ring, neither are perfect weavers :laugh: Ruby can weave, but doesn't always nail it first go, but we had a ball in that ring too even though it was a complete disaster :thumbsup:

I will upload the jumping rounds, might take a while but I will post the videos when they're up :rofl:

I really love running them in jumping. They might not be fast, but when there's a straight of jumps they can pick their speed up a bit and it's a lot of fun! And it's good for me cos I don't think I could keep up with a faster dog! I've run 2 Aussies before and I struggle to keep up :laugh: Me and my Labs make a good agility team based on the slow factor :laugh:

OK, here are our jumping rounds from last night :laugh:

Clear round for Ruby, not so clear for Millie :D :( But I couldn't be prouder of both of them, regardless of outcome!

Please no laughing at my pathetic running :laugh: Handler still needs to learn a lot about handling, too :thumbsup:

Ruby:

Millie:

OK, here are our jumping rounds from last night :thumbsup:

Clear round for Ruby, not so clear for Millie :laugh: :D But I couldn't be prouder of both of them, regardless of outcome!

Please no laughing at my pathetic running :laugh: Handler still needs to learn a lot about handling, too :laugh:

Ruby:

Millie:

:( Lovely to see nice fit Labs doing their thing.

OK, here are our jumping rounds from last night :thumbsup:

Clear round for Ruby, not so clear for Millie :laugh: :D But I couldn't be prouder of both of them, regardless of outcome!

Please no laughing at my pathetic running :laugh: Handler still needs to learn a lot about handling, too :laugh:

Ruby:

Millie:

:(

VERY cool. I love the way both of them wrap the close up right on turns. Your handling isn't that bad really - the basics are pretty good, but as your dogs start to understand a bit more and run lines etc it becomes easier. They are awesome though.

I will have my little brag. :thumbsup: I have just come back from a bike ride with Toby... the brag is that his bike phonia was so intensive last year I had a behaviourist out to help us with the issue and today I had him running next to the bike without stressing or worrying... and it wasn't a one off! We have been on a few rides this week!:laugh: A big :( for clicker conditioning!

Going back in November I had him slip his collar and run out into the road because there was a bike 100m up the road - this was the height of his fear.. so I am very pleased thats one less anxiety my nervey dog has now. (Yes I know I have been on about this in a few threads :laugh: but it is really such a big thing to me!)

RS Mille and Ruby look very nice! They run at a pace similar to Toby... isn't it nice not having to sprint :D

I will have my little brag. :laugh: I have just come back from a bike ride with Toby... the brag is that his bike phonia was so intensive last year I had a behaviourist out to help us with the issue and today I had him running next to the bike without stressing or worrying... and it wasn't a one off! We have been on a few rides this week!:laugh: A big :( for clicker conditioning!

Going back in November I had him slip his collar and run out into the road because there was a bike 100m up the road - this was the height of his fear.. so I am very pleased thats one less anxiety my nervey dog has now. (Yes I know I have been on about this in a few threads :thumbsup: but it is really such a big thing to me!)

RS Mille and Ruby look very nice! They run at a pace similar to Toby... isn't it nice not having to sprint :laugh:

Well done Toby!! That is great RV!! :D

And yes, after having a go at running 2 Aussies, I can safely say that I love running a slower dog, gives me more time to think and keep up :laugh: But I do also enjoy running faster dogs, it's quite a buzz, and I think if I get to run Brookie some more then it will hopefully help my handling skills as I'll have to be more on the ball to keep up and get my crosses in faster!