Man Finds Dog In Block Of Ice On Lawn

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8202483/m...-of-ice-on-lawn

Authorities have launched an animal cruelty investigation after a dog was discovered encased inside a block of ice on British Columbia man's front lawn.

The dead dog was discovered by the homeowner on January 15, said Marcie Moriarty, a spokeswoman from the British Columbia animal protection society, adding that the man did not know the dog or how the block of ice was left arrived on his property.

"It's a bizarre and very upsetting case," Moriarty said on Wednesday.

"Inside the block of ice, which looks to have been made from a large rubber bin, was the frozen corpse of medium-sized black dog."

Investigators are trying to determine the cause of death.

Honestly what is wrong with people.

Here is a link with more info

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/body+froz...2485/story.html

DAWSON CREEK, B.C. — Animal cruelty investigators say they are disturbed and sickened after a B.C. man found in his yard the body of a black dog frozen in a block of ice shaped like a large storage bin.

The morbid discovery of the dead border collie cross in Dawson Creek is under investigation by the BC SPCA.

"I thought I'd seen everything, but when I opened that (file) up I was blown away. It's so disturbing. We want some answers," said Marcie Moriarty, general manager of the BC SPCA's cruelty investigations. "Anyone who would do something so sick, I'm concerned if they have other animals in their custody."

She said the SPCA is calling on the public for help, hoping someone may have known the dog or witnessed it being dropped off in the yard of the unidentified Dawson Creek man. She said that man does not have pets, did not know the dog and has no idea why the animal was left in his yard on Jan. 15.

"The only salvation is we just found out the dog died before being placed in there," she said.

"It had puncture wounds consistent with being in a dogfight and all of his intestines were missing." Moriarty said it's possible another animal ate part of the dog's intestines.

The BC SPCA conducts nearly 6,000 cruelty investigations a year and last year seized 1,000 animals and executed 133 search warrants in order to gather evidence in animal cruelty complaint cases.

Moriarty said the work cruelty investigators do could possibly prevent harm to people, as studies have shown many criminals who have injured and killed others initially began their murderous careers torturing animals.

Edited by Keira&Phoenix
Yes well I am glad that at least the dog was already dead in saying that it also says the dog had puncture marks and its intestines were gone so something strange must of happened to the poor thing :dancingelephant:

Just realised I double posted this. Only just saw that we now have a sub forum whoopsie!

It could have been attacked by a predator and gutted or found partially consumed.

Edited by poodlefan
Yes well I am glad that at least the dog was already dead in saying that it also says the dog had puncture marks and its intestines were gone so something strange must of happened to the poor thing :dancingelephant:

Just realised I double posted this. Only just saw that we now have a sub forum whoopsie!

It could have been attacked by a predator and gutted or found partially consumed.

Found another more detailed story which quotes the lady as saying the dogs mouth was also crammed with dirt and mud :happydance2:. Not sure what happened and your right could have been another animal etc but still feel sorry for the poor doggy, seems more likely a person considering the dog had so much dirt in its mouth.

Edited by Keira&Phoenix