Rb X In Pound

melzawelza

Hey guys,

Currently am aware of a dog in a NSW pound which has the 'look' of a RB. She is not microchipped and has 7 days to be reclaimed.

I would like to pay for her to have a Breed Assessment ( and then Temperament Test if needed) so that she can hopefully be cleared and then able to be rehomed.

Was just looking into making arrangements and realised that a Notice of Intent must be given for the BA & TT to be valid. SO- how do you get an NOI issued on an unmicrochipped unowned dog??

I am fairly confident she will pass the tests (and even if I wasn't it's worth a try!), but i've suddenly realised that there's a bit of a loophole here that i'm not sure how to fix.

Has anyone done this before with an unmicrochipped dog in the pound? Do you chip her? and if so who to? Is she allowed to be chipped seeing as currently she is wearing the badge of a RB X??

I highly doubt that the pound will allow this. If they think the dog is a restricted breed they will just euthanase the dog after the 7 days are up (non chipped) regardless of you being able to pay for the assessments.

Good luck with it anyone.

Hey guys,

Currently am aware of a dog in a NSW pound which has the 'look' of a RB. She is not microchipped and has 7 days to be reclaimed.

I would like to pay for her to have a Breed Assessment ( and then Temperament Test if needed) so that she can hopefully be cleared and then able to be rehomed.

Was just looking into making arrangements and realised that a Notice of Intent must be given for the BA & TT to be valid. SO- how do you get an NOI issued on an unmicrochipped unowned dog??

I am fairly confident she will pass the tests (and even if I wasn't it's worth a try!), but i've suddenly realised that there's a bit of a loophole here that i'm not sure how to fix.

Has anyone done this before with an unmicrochipped dog in the pound? Do you chip her? and if so who to? Is she allowed to be chipped seeing as currently she is wearing the badge of a RB X??

How did you go??? Did you have any luck with the RB dog???

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...